• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    I know there was one in Fort Knox just last Christmas. The police were giving you $200 for each firearm you brought in, no matter the condition, and no questions asked.

Thought about going and buying a couple of Hi-Points and making a nice profit to go Christmas shopping with. Turns out, I still have too much humanity left in me and I couldn't take advantage of a well-intentioned program.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    The ones I saw them "getting off the streets" were antiquated at best. Wheel guns in horrible condition, sawed off shotguns with two inches of electrical tape wrapped around the handle...

I doubt 30% of them would even fire functionally.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Whenever I see one on the news that shows some of the guns collected I get pretty cynical. Who would turn in a $600 plus firearm for a one to two hundred dollars? If I see a Colt 1911 or a Beretta 92 on the table, I think it must have been a stolen pistol, maybe used in a crime, that a gang banger is having mama dispose of. I guess it is always good to get then out of the hands of stupid people.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I don't believe it gets guns off the streets. It just get pieces of junk out of peoples closets and basements.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I did see what appeared to be a Mosin on the back table, and what looked like a Iver Johnson top break .32 or .38 on the front table.

I wonder how many of the good guns went home with a couple of people that were there?

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I wish they would pay me $200 for a turned in gun. I would go buy several $100 guns, turn them in and double my $$$. Then go buy something really nice like a new 1911. Stimulate the economy and make free gun $$$. :D

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I know there was one in Fort Knox just last Christmas. The police were giving you $200 for each firearm you brought in, no matter the condition, and no questions asked.

Thought about going and buying a couple of Hi-Points and making a nice profit to go Christmas shopping with. Turns out, I still have too much humanity left in me and I couldn't take advantage of a well-intentioned program.

Well intentioned???:dunno:

g3man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Anybody know of any coming to the Fort Wayne area soon? I think everybody has a few Junkers they wouldn't mind turning into cash that are otherwise absolutely useless.

Top Bottom