• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I do like the idea the the Sheriffs office said that if any of the guns bought were to be stolen and the owners found, the gun would be returned. Probably wont happen but would be nice if it did.

And at least they didn't harass the buyers. They knew the law. Probably more upset they can't add a few nice guns to their collection.

Therein lies the problem with the proposal you gents are suggesting.

The LEO's promise a 'no questions asked' policy on these buy-back programs. That's because they just want them off the street, and destroyed.

If you were to unknowingly acquire a good gun used in a serious felony.... what then? What about if you decide later on to sell the same piece? Can't transfer it thru an FFL, in the case of interstate sales, and so on.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    That's an inventive way for some dealers to restock their inventory since there is nothing else out there for them to sell.

That's brings up an idea, have FFL's buy the guns they want at the buy back program, more guns off the street, better prices for the sellers hopefully and a background check when they're sold. The junk guns the police can have. Seems everybody wins.

That is way too logical to be implemented.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I read somewhere, maybe on OCDO, that a guy went and purchased four bb pistols for $20 each. He then took them to the "buyback" where he sold them to the police for $100 each. Now that may not be true. But if it is, that is hilarious.

Big Muddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    Jasper County
    Would that LEO's from NWI would be as non-confrontational as those in Seattle!(Nah! The Progressive politicos in The Region would demand the arrest & immediate execution of any & all free-market proponents who dared to cut-in on their action...)

Reno_Morris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    What a brilliant idea! Think I am going keep an eye out for any more gun buybacks down here in Southern Indiana. Just wish I had thought of / knew of that back in December when New Albany had its gun buyback.

City of New Albany Announces Gun Buyback Program

Only problem with that is from what I heard everything turned in was junk. People in line were laughing that they were turning in useless junk to go buy new guns!

Top Bottom