• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Just the term buyback is used to reinforce the idea that you have the guns at the sufferance of the state. They really aren't your property.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Just the term buyback is used to reinforce the idea that you have the guns at the sufferance of the state. They really aren't your property.

Yep, what they ought to do is offer to buy back bumpstocks if they really want to compensate folks for something that is unjust and unconstitutional (banning a product retroactively and seizing property). Would not make it right, but at least there would be compensation.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    There is so much more to this than what you see.

Which part?

Should be easy enough to get people to send money to a go fund me. Nothing illegal about me buying firearms (although I would have to be sure they were Indiana residents somehow). Taking a gun in to have it checked by a LEO is easy enough. I have done it before for a pistol I found.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Which part?

Should be easy enough to get people to send money to a go fund me. Nothing illegal about me buying firearms (although I would have to be sure they were Indiana residents somehow). Taking a gun in to have it checked by a LEO is easy enough. I have done it before for a pistol I found.

Give it a go and let us know how it works out for you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not being snarky, I really want to know what it is that I am not seeing?

Oh I did not taker it that way at all. If you put this out there you will be under some scrutiny. There is always something that is not seen. If not everyone would be doing this. You would not be destroying these guns. You would be keeping them. There in is the issue.

I am not completely up on whats what but there is always something. Hence my remark.....Have at it and let us know how it works.

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    So what would be illegal about standing out in front of the buyback parlor and offering people cash instead? Just curious. I remembered going to gun shows and having all kinds of people running up to me and asking what I had to sell whille walking through the parking lot.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    So what would be illegal about standing out in front of the buyback parlor and offering people cash instead? Just curious. I remembered going to gun shows and having all kinds of people running up to me and asking what I had to sell whille walking through the parking lot.

IANAL but I believe this practice is perfectly legal as long as you don’t interfere with traffic or people entering or leaving the venue. I’ve been to gun “buybacks” where people did exactly this. I even got called in a-hole by someone from a church wearing a monogrammed church polo shirt for offering to sell them magazines they initially wanted but later reneged on. The video is priceless; I need to dig it up and post it.

Tandem160

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    I did the recent buyback a month or two ago. I took a rusty pitted Marlin model 60 with no breech assembly in it and got a Visa debit card with I think $100.00 on it (or there about). I saw some decent guns go thru three for sure, dreaded black gun, scoped hunting rifle and at 1 Mosin-ish surplus looking gun.
    If the Ohio buybacks goal is to make money for other programs I believe they will. I also believe they will be “dealing” in firearms.
    Being a skeptical guy I would also be on the look out for Sacha Cohen too.

Top Bottom