• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • match14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    South Central IN.
    Hi, I moved to Greene Co. from Evansville last year, and although I still carry a membership at the Red Brush Range, I'd like to find someplace closer to shoot rifles. At this point I think that excludes the Triple H gun club in Linton. I was looking at the sticky thread and it seems I have two potential options.

Jasper Rifle & Gun Club 2188 E Gun Club Rd Jasper IN 47547

and

Sycamore Valley Gun Club CR 550 & IN-67 Freedom, IN, USA

So I was wondering, anyone know anything about these clubs? I found some information regarding the Jasper range, it appears to have 25yd pistol and 100yd rifle. I could not find a website for the Jasper range.
    The Sycamore valley range seems to be $200 per year, has 25 yd pistol, 100 yard rifle , and 200 yd rifle. Also it appears you have to be a member of the Sycamore Valley Conservation and Education Foundation? Sycamore Valley Gun Club - Who We Are

So is anyone here a member of either club? Which would you recommend? The Sycamore club is closer but I'm guessing more expensive, although I don't know how much the Jasper club is. Also does the Jasper club have facilities, and shooting benches and stuff, or is it like the Minnehaha range, which is just shooting berms only?
    Thanks in Advance.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    Jasper gun and rifle club also has one for highpower rifles. As for their website, it hasn't been updated in over 5yrs. membership is $50 for your first year, and $25/yr after as long as you renew by March I believe.

Where you stand to shoot is covered and there are benches and they have (sorry for the rifle newbiness) these wooden things on the benches that you can rest your rifle on while you shoot.

My uncle and I have been going almost every week for about 5 months now, and usually we have the place to ourselves. When we go, we are usually there from 11-4, even on Saturdays!!! No RO no nothing. occasionally there will be 2 guys at the high-power range, But the pistol and 100yd rifle are empty. If interested, will take pics the next time I go....

The bad and the ugly:

Some folks just don't realize or don't care that you do NOT use shot guns in the 25yd pistol range. When we first started going they had 5 really nice wooden stands to hang your cardboard and targets on. (cardboard provided)

Now, people are bringing their own stands due to what used to be 5 nice wooden stands are now full of shot gun holes to the point that they are pretty much collapsed.

Uncle and I spent like $20 at Home Depot and some spare lumber from our homes and built a new stand to shoot. 6 days later, when we went back it was all shot up so bad from shot guns that you couldn't even hang a 3'x4' piece of cardboard on it.

Also, since their website is over 5yrs old, you have no clue who to contact, and I just found out that their email address doesn't work, Sent a check in on May 29th and still haven't gotten my membership card. Uncle has his, so I have been going as an invited guest (you are allowed one)

Should be getting my first pistol on Thursday or Saturday, and won't legally be able to shoot it until next week due to uncle being busy and unable to go. SO at this point I guess I am just SOL... I went to the place where I got the application to get a phone number or another address, but they said they haven't gotten anymore in since I took their last one back in May.....

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    The Wabash Valley Sportsman Club just outside Vincennes might be an option for you.
    It's a "best kept secret" here in Vincennes.
    Membership is $45.00 a year. Starts in Jan. Must be a NRA member.
    25,50, & 100 yd covered rifle range.
    2 uncovered pistol ranges.
    Nice clubhouse with indoor .22 range.
    Pond for fishing.
    You bring targets.
    No range officer, you are issued gate combination.
    PM me if you want more info.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    There is also a public range in Arthur Junction. One of the guys I work with uses it to sight in and test rounds for hi- power matches.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom