• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ojmjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Noblesville
    I will be moving to the area around Indy, probably Carmel or Westfield from Il. and am looking for a gun club to join.
    I currently belong to Aurora Sportsmen's Club here in IL. and would love to find the same type where I can shoot most anything I have.
    Any ideas anyone?

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    I am a member of Hamilton County Fish and Game in Noblesville (East of Westfield about 5 mins). Its a small private group and sits on a outdoor range. We have several shooting bays with the longest being up to 200 yards. We allow just about anything - short of 50 BMG and full auto. Everyone I have interacted with there are great folks. You do have to "apply" for membership but that just means show up to a few mtgs so people get to know you (again we are a small group), help keep the range and grounds in good shape and prove you aren't dangerous with a firearm (this is cause we are literally in the city limits and can't risk an "opps" and getting the range shut down). If your interested just PM me and we can meet up there one day and I will show you around (or you can come to a mtg the first Wed of every month).

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Your moving to a good central location! Indy is center for most all of the matches I shoot (USPSA). Unfortunately I'm located west of Indy, almost to the Illinois border. There are several clubs under 90 minutes from you. I'm sure others will jump in with what their clubs have to offer. Like others have said, welcome to the "Free" state.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Atlanta would probably be your closest bet. They have Steel matches, IDPA and USPSA. If you are looking for trap/skeet, MCF&G has a Thursday night league.

Atlanta's pistol bays go to 25 yards. I believe there are nine bays.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I live in far east central Illannoy about 7 miles from Indiana and shoot IDPA so the closest clubs to me are in Indiana. I ride to Wildcat Valley near Brookston and to Atlanta to ACC and it is well worth the trip. I have shot at Hamilton County also but they shoot the same day as Wildcat Valley and Wildcat is closer. I can only speak to the IDPA program at these clubs but they are all "top notch." So I am guessing whatever sport you prefer I would expect the same quality program at either of these clubs. Jim.

ojmjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Noblesville
    I am a member of Hamilton County Fish and Game in Noblesville (East of Westfield about 5 mins). Its a small private group and sits on a outdoor range. We have several shooting bays with the longest being up to 200 yards. We allow just about anything - short of 50 BMG and full auto. Everyone I have interacted with there are great folks. You do have to "apply" for membership but that just means show up to a few mtgs so people get to know you (again we are a small group), help keep the range and grounds in good shape and prove you aren't dangerous with a firearm (this is cause we are literally in the city limits and can't risk an "opps" and getting the range shut down). If your interested just PM me and we can meet up there one day and I will show you around (or you can come to a mtg the first Wed of every month).

I tried to pm you but I'm too new to pm.
    Perhaps you can pm me.
    I'm moving to Noblesville at the end of the month

Top Bottom