• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dybber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    South side Indy
    I’m certainly not an expert on this but it seems like gun sales spike when the Dems threaten mega gun control and go down when the Dems don’t hold majority control of all 3 branches. If Dems get elected I’m wondering if profits spike for gun companies so those companies are that concerned about it thinking that real “gun control” will never happen. Just a thought.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I thought we didn't like "feel good" legislation.
    Feel good legislation? There is no legislation to it. It is simply the governor declaring no infringement of the 2nd will be allowed on his watch and anyone seeking freedom from such overreach can find save haven there. However legislation stating any infringement of the 2nd or any other for that fact by federals or anyone will not be tolerated is needed at state level and should be adopted by states that dont want government overreach and is not "feel good legislation" it could also be used by state governors to call out national guard to use whatever force needed to stop federal agencies from trying this coup they are attempting.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I’m certainly not an expert on this but it seems like gun sales spike when the Dems threaten mega gun control and go down when the Dems don’t hold majority control of all 3 branches. If Dems get elected I’m wondering if profits spike for gun companies so those companies are that concerned about it thinking that real “gun control” will never happen. Just a thought.
    It will happen if we let it. It has never NOT happened. Nowhere in history is there a government that has not fallen, that has not turned on it's own citizens... that's one thing that makes out government or at least our constitution so unique and genius.. it makes the people the power and armed us to keep it that way. Love America or hate it, it is arguably one of the most successful and prosperous systems ever conceived. There are no forms of rule that have not been tried and this had been comparatively a great success.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Feel good legislation? There is no legislation to it. It is simply the governor declaring no infringement of the 2nd will be allowed on his watch and anyone seeking freedom from such overreach can find save haven there. However legislation stating any infringement of the 2nd or any other for that fact by federals or anyone will not be tolerated is needed at state level and should be adopted by states that dont want government overreach and is not "feel good legislation" it could also be used by state governors to call out national guard to use whatever force needed to stop federal agencies from trying this coup they are attempting.

States can have whatever gun laws they want within the Constitution. The states can even choose what gun laws they want to enforce.

States CANNOT tell the feds what federal gun laws they can enforce within their borders. No way. No how. That, in itself, is unconstitutional.

Last edited:

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    States can have whatever gun laws they want within the Constitution. The states can even choose what gun law they want to enforce.

States CANNOT tell the feds what federal gun laws they can enforce within their borders. No way. No how. That, in itself, is unconstitutional.
    You may be missing my point or I'm misunderstanding you.. my point is the Feds and in this case I'm using Feds to mean Congress and even some in Senate want to universally ban all firearms and use military to confiscate.. now if you dont believe that is their end goal then nothing I say will matter to you. Many Democrats have stated that is what they want and it's simply because a heavily armed population stands in the way of their ultimate goal.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Surefire’s response.

SureFire Founder John Matthews Responds to Anti-2A Allegations - Soldier Systems Daily

Reality is, nobody makes a better product than SF, I have several Streamlights, Nitecore, Elzetta, FeNix, and others. The only one that comes close to the quality of SF is Elzetta. SF is the gold standard in WML’s nobody does it better. Did they give $$ to the enemy, appears so, but it’s also part of the cost of doing business. And yes, .gov contracts are extremely important, Moreso than the civilian orders for one or two. The average consumer will probably buy one light their entire life, .gov buys thousands, recurring.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You may be missing my point or I'm misunderstanding you.. my point is the Feds and in this case I'm using Feds to mean Congress and even some in Senate want to universally ban all firearms and use military to confiscate...

End goals, sure, but don't buy tomorrow's trouble today. No one is actually doing this today.

You talked about "sanctuary states". States do not get to ban the federal government from enforcing federal laws within their borders. It's not even a close question.

The answer to attempts at confiscation is to work to have the law declared unconstitutional, not to, in effect, secede. It's been tried. Doesn't work well.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Surefire’s response.

SureFire Founder John Matthews Responds to Anti-2A Allegations - Soldier Systems Daily

Reality is, nobody makes a better product than SF, I have several Streamlights, Nitecore, Elzetta, FeNix, and others. The only one that comes close to the quality of SF is Elzetta. SF is the gold standard in WML’s nobody does it better. Did they give $$ to the enemy, appears so, but it’s also part of the cost of doing business. And yes, .gov contracts are extremely important, Moreso than the civilian orders for one or two. The average consumer will probably buy one light their entire life, .gov buys thousands, recurring.

Clearly, they're trying to confuse us with reality.

We can't have that!

200.gif

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    End goals, sure, but don't buy tomorrow's trouble today. No one is actually doing this today.

You talked about "sanctuary states". States do not get to ban the federal government from enforcing federal laws within their borders. It's not even a close question.

The answer to attempts at confiscation is to work to have the law declared unconstitutional, not to, in effect, secede. It's been tried. Doesn't work well.
    I cant disagree with you that it's not happening yet but I promise the preliminary works are being done now and unless we have the right turn around in the house and further the constitutional supreme court justices we will have this to worry about. It's not something we can afford to wait until it happens. As we speak there are those in the houses that think our constitution is toilet paper to wipe the butts with.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

But it is, defacto what is happening. Seen the feds closing down any marijuana dispensaries? Why do you suppose that is?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Because the administration doesn't want to. Not because they can't.

And I submit that they don't want to because they know what it would do (financially) to the states where it's been legalized. And for the record, I think it should be legalized (completely) nationwide. I also think that illegal immigration should remain illegal, nationwide. And I believe that the reason it's not (defacto) is for the same reason.

Top Bottom