Jan 29, 2013
    Bremen

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    A Form of Gun Confiscation Has Reportedly Begun in New York State — Here’s the Justification Being Used | TheBlaze.com

According to several news sources, NY has started informing its citizens that their permits are being suspended and their firearms are to be surrendered to local law enforcement. To add insult to injury, there may be a further violations of rights as some people are claiming NY is accessing their private health info in order to process the suspensions.
    :draw:

NY needs to be slapped down HARD by the SCOTUS.

lucky3031

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Evansville
    A Form of Gun Confiscation Has Reportedly Begun in New York State — Here’s the Justification Being Used | TheBlaze.com

According to several news sources, NY has started informing its citizens that their permits are being suspended and their firearms are to be surrendered to local law enforcement. To add insult to injury, there may be a further violations of rights as some people are claiming NY is accessing their private health info in order to process the suspensions.
    :draw:

Remember this one:
    "They are not trying to take your guns..."

fraige1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Crane
    I could not ever live in one of these gun grabbing states. I don't even think I could take a lucrative job in one of these states. I know some people would be willing to give up their guns for a good job, but I know I couldn't. Especially if they took the things I paid for.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Remember this one:
    "They are not trying to take your guns..."

No, LOL. Remember THIS one:

"I'm NOT voting for Romney 'cause I'm voting on 'principle'." :nuts:

Hmmmm, how much was that Obama won by, again? 1%? Oh yeah, that's right! :p

How's that 'principled' vote turning out for ya, buckaroo? :lmfao:

Maybe next time folks will strategize a bit better... :yesway:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

And the math still does not change, if you take those 3rd party votes Romeny still loses because nobody wanted to vote for Obama Lite either

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

You assume Romney would be doing anything differently? I guess you missed the second debate. :rolleyes:

Besides, this is about NY which has nothing to do with this past Presidential election. No matter who was in office, Cuomo and the rest of the statist in New York would be proceeding as they are.

I have a really good friend in Buffalo right now who is an avid hunter and 2a supporter and who also went on some anti-depressants a few years ago when going through his divorce. I don't have the words to describe his outrage tonight.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Very slippery slope on this one and unfortunately the mainstream media won't cover the story because it is goes against their anti-gun agenda.

SSRIs and other similar drugs are used to treat many conditions including depression, OCD, anxiety disorders, and even smoking cessation. In nearly every one of the aforementioned conditions, the person is not likely to be a threat to others except in extreme cases. Yes, people with extreme depression are more likely than others to harm themselves, but often it is a treatable disorder and those intent on ending their lives will do so with or without a gun in hand.

NY crossed a line with this one and I feel for our fellow gun owners in that state. My bigger fear is that the federal government will try a similar stunt.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I could not ever live in one of these gun grabbing states. I don't even think I could take a lucrative job in one of these states. I know some people would be willing to give up their guns for a good job, but I know I couldn't. Especially if they took the things I paid for.

Take it a step farther and do not do business in those states with anyone. I will not go to those states and will buy nothing in those states including any business.:xmad::xmad::xmad:

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute

You might want to have a talk with YOUR (Virgina) senators !!!

They JUST voted to infringe YOUR 2A rights !!!!

Top Bottom