• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frontier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Introduced Version, House Bill 1571

Automatic and semiautomatic weapons. Makes the manufacture, importation into Indiana, sale, purchase, possession, or transfer of an automatic weapon or a convertible semiautomatic weapon a Class C felony. Makes the manufacture, importation into Indiana, sale, purchase, or transfer of a machine gun a Class C felony. Provides that a person who commits dealing in cocaine, a narcotic drug, methamphetamine, or certain controlled substances while in possession of an automatic weapon or convertible semiautomatic weapon may be sentenced to an additional fixed term of imprisonment.

Contact your representatives.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    This line would make every semi auto illegal, " SOURCE: IC 35-31.5-2-24.3; (13)IN1571.1.1. --> SECTION 1. IC 35-31.5-2-24.3 IS ADDED TO THE INDIANA CODE AS A NEW SECTION TO READ AS FOLLOWS [EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2013]: Sec. 24.3. "Automatic weapon" means a weapon that shoots or is designed to shoot more than one (1) shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger."

The Bill appears to have been withdrawn, Maybe some one told the sponsor he's an idiot? :dunno:

Frontier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    It's besides the point whether it will make it or not. If we only wait to act when we think the bill will make it, we'd be morons. It's about the principle of making a commotion no matter what. I know you said you'd write, I just want to show the importance of staying vigilant.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Unfortunately, my rep is probably the POS who wrote it. Pete Viscloskey, the same guy who just said that the entire nation should have Chicago style gun laws. Viscloskey should move to NYC, he would get along very well with Cuomo and his nazis.

Frontier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    [quoteThe Bill appears to have been withdrawn, Maybe some one told the sponsor he's an idiot? :dunno:[/quote]

This link below tells me it's still in the First House Committee. Could be they are arguing over language. Either way, it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist (Like the Mateba Autorevolver).

Indiana General Assembly

Frontier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Unfortunately, my rep is probably the POS who wrote it. Pete Viscloskey, the same guy who just said that the entire nation should have Chicago style gun laws. Viscloskey should move to NYC, he would get along very well with Cuomo and his nazis.

Yeah, those folks up there in East Chicago and Gary don't seem to get it. On another note, did you know that the mayor of Ft. Wayne is a member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns? Same with Bloomington's mayor.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    [quoteThe Bill appears to have been withdrawn, Maybe some one told the sponsor he's an idiot? :dunno:

This link below tells me it's still in the First House Committee. Could be they are arguing over language. Either way, it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist (Like the Mateba Autorevolver).

Indiana General Assembly[/QUOTE]

YOUR RIGHT. Those damn Democrats! If your look up the bill off of the Indian Democrat General Assembly web site it goes to here Indiana General Assembly. You have to look at the web address closely to see that it's from 2012.

The 2013 bill is still active. It was written by Vernon G. Smith of Gary, the same folks who gave us Charlie Brown.

Last edited:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I don't even want to entertain the notion of how stupid this bill is. Everybody on INGO should contact our state, send emails, write letters, call. We need to act on this before Indiana becomes worse than New York.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    This is seriously getting time in the house? Ridiculous that they're bothering to even discuss it. Just vote it down. If it passes I'll eat my shoes.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I've just sent a couple emails. Their offices are closed right now I think so I'll drop by a call tomorrow.

Seriously? Whoever even thought of this bill. Did he think he was clever of introducing it so quietly? That people won't notice? That in the age of the internet, that the entire state would not have heard about it within 24 hours?

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    a person who commits dealing in cocaine, a narcotic drug, methamphetamine, or certain controlled substances while in possession of an automatic weapon or convertible semiautomatic weapon may be sentenced to an additional fixed term of imprisonment.
    Drop everything else but this and it has my support. Otherwise, hell no.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

Vernon G. Smith.

Top Bottom