• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Compromise on 10 round rifle mags for national permit and no GFZ?

• Total voters

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Would you be willing to accept a 10 round magazine limit on only new rifles/magazines (existing are grandfathered, but >10 round magazines cannot be sold/transferred) if:

1) Your LTCH was effective nation wide, and

2) GFZ /CPZ's were eliminated without meeting minimum standards, including armed security quotas?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    This is #5 on Yahoo, this morning, Diane F. is already writing one, similar to the 1994, ban ..... It will be submitted after Jan !, when Congress is back in session .....

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I'm kind of shocked at the unwillingness to find a compromise. Maybe the things I am listing are not as valuable to others.

C'mon guys, we need to get something GOOD in return if we get a 10 round limit on rifle mags, which is almost guaranteed. What would you trade your 30 round mags for? Full auto pistols? Sawed off shotguns? Those things don't seem necessary or practical to me, but what floats your boat? Come up with something GOOD.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    OK, I'll compromise.

Our elected officials can respect their oath, and I might re-elect them.

How's that?

Otherwise, you are asking me to give something up to gain something I should have anyway. How is that a compromise?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    the old 94 ban, didn't want you to have bayonet lug, flash hider, folding stock or mags of over 10 rounds, but even without those things the gun will still shoot, the problem is the crazy person not the gun

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    The new AWB will be worse than it was before. After this last massacre, even moderates are going to be questioning gun rights. Feinstein will want to not only ban sales on AW she wants to prevent grandfathering. This is gonna be the big gun grab effort. Where are the guys who were on here earlier this year saying obama wasnt a threat to guns like Romney was. I guess now is the time to say it. I told you so.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    How can you condone compromising your god-given rights? Did our founding fathers state you can keep and bear arms, only if you can only fire x number of rounds?

Also I'm tired of being asked to compromise for illogical reasons... limiting the number of rounds in a rifle or handgun does not limit the number of potential victims... only increases the sick bastards who do these things reloads!

GFZ's and our 2nd A rights being limited are what need to be removed, NOT what we can and cannot have in our rifles. I also don't understand how any restrictions on rifle mags are relevant, as IIRC the sick **** in CT left the rifle in the car!

The only thing I'll compromise on is method of carry in a GFZ... I'll CC there once they remove the GFZ's... that way the soccer moms don't get all butt hurt! :xmad::xmad:

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    You show me one time there was comprimise on the part of congrees or washington when it came to "gun control" There have been targets on the backs of people who wish not to be ruled unfairly for ages. Comprimise, there is no such thing. there are victors and there are not!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    the old 94 ban, didn't want you to have bayonet lug, flash hider, folding stock or mags of over 10 rounds, but even without those things the gun will still shoot, the problem is the crazy person not the gun

Yea, preaching to the choir. But they will argue a 30 round mag makes it to EASY to kill real fast, and now they have a second example in six months where nearly 30 people were killed using a weapon with a 30 round magazine. I don't think we have a solid defense, unfortunately.

How about if suppressors should be legalized federally for target shooting?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Yea, preaching to the choir. But they will argue a 30 round mag makes it to EASY to kill real fast, and now they have a second example in six months where nearly 30 people were killed using a weapon with a 30 round magazine. I don't think we have a solid defense, unfortunately.

In OKC the fertilizer killed over 150 people, but yet no one wants to ban fertilizer:dunno:

guns & fertilizers aren't the problem, crazy people are

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

Actually, I believe the school shooting was handguns only? I'm gonna assume somewhere between 12-19 rounds. HE left the rifle in the car and so far from what I have seen they have only called it a .233 HP rifle. I think if it was an AR it would have made more coverage?

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    With whom should I compromise with? To compromise suggests that a person has something that I want and has the power to grant it to me. If you speak of our rights in the terms of compromise, you are conceding that those with whom you wish to compromise with have the ability to grant these rights. I do not recognize that any of my rights can be granted by man, and therefore I can not compromise with any man regarding my rights.

To willingly allow one portion of my rights to be restricted in order to loosen restrictions on another portion does not negate the fact that no man has been granted the authority to restrict my rights to begin with. To make a deal with a thief to take your stereo instead of your television misses the obvious fact that this is a thief who has no authority to take either.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Actually, I believe the school shooting was handguns only? I'm gonna assume somewhere between 12-19 rounds. HE left the rifle in the car and so far from what I have seen they have only called it a .233 HP rifle. I think if it was an AR it would have made more coverage?

No, he left a Saiga shotgun in the trunk they say now. And he shot ALL of the victims MULTIPLE times with the .223 (Bushmaster) AR-15. Same weapon as DC sniper, and Aurora shooter, and OR mall shooter last week even.

If he used the pistols I wouldn't be so sure of a magazine ban of this type.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just because "they" will argue it, doesn't make it any more right. Let them argue until they are blue in the face. They will always be wrong.

In an interview recently, a teacher involved in this CT massacre estimated the shooter was in the building more than 10 minutes. With that kind of time, does any sane,rational person think a 10-rounder vs. a drum magazine will make ANY difference at all?

I am not willing to trade my freedom for false security.

And suppressors should be free of the NFA tax.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    That is the other thing that has me pissed about this tragedy... can we not get accurate reporting, and a copy of the police report to see what actually happened?

On Friday afternoon, I hear radio, TV and INet reports with the number of fatalities ranging from 20 - 30! WTF??? What ever happened to verify your information before you broadcast it to the world!

As stated up-thread, weapons are not the problem, people/criminals are!

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I think the checks and balances system is designed for me to NOT COMPROMISE.

Give an inch and they take a yard.... Because 50% of the population is emotional and uneducated doesn't mean we should pander to them. I think it is our responsibility to push against compromise.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    How many 10 round magazines can a lunatic carry? How many tenths of a second are required to reload? How meaningless is a 10 round magazine ban?

Most people with a modicum of training and practice can probably reload a semi auto pistol in less than a second.

Top Bottom