Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Where's the outrage?
    Shouldn't they be demanding we turn in our knives now? :dunno:

'Stabbing spree at Maryland shopping mall injures 5, police kill suspect'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-5-stabbed-at-maryland-shopping-mall

I’ve had this conversation with anti-gun zealots. Their answer is, you don’t have high body counts with knives. Knives have useful purposes other than to kill people. Of course that can be easily rebutted, but anti-gun zealots are too wrapped up in their cause.

But what happens after the guns are out of the hands of citizens? Look at GB. They go after the knives when they are the new best way for deranged murderers to kill people. The after that. What's next? That crazy dude in japan used gasoline to burn alive 3 dozen people! Gas control? I can see it now. Petroleum use must be banned because people weaponize it.

At some point, some genius zealot must have a light-bulb moment and realize it’s people who kill people and they use whatever tool they can. Guns are tools people can use to protect themselves. Disallowing self protection is retarded.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    At some point, some genius zealot must have a light-bulb moment and realize it’s people who kill people and they use whatever tool they can. Guns are tools people can use to protect themselves. Disallowing self protection is retarded.

Literally never happens.

The reason is that it's a way to demoralize and castrate the population. They won't stop until they require adults to child proof every object in their house, and make those adults claim that they like it. Usually goes hand in hand with the erosion of freedom of expression, because that's another method to intimidate the disarmed and demoralized into claiming they're happy with their circumstances.

I spent a month over in GB, and sorry if this offends anyone, but those people are the most passive and spineless people I've ever met in my life. They won't take objection with anything the state does, and will either defend it till they're blue in the face, or claim they don't care about politics. And their police are generally much more jack-boot behaved than American police are, on average they're major power trippers. (Yes, I am aware exceptions exist, but if you stay somewhere long enough you get a good sense of the average public sentiments.)

Meanwhile, I've lived in the US for 32 years without seeing any "gun violence" across the 40 some states I've vacationed in, yet in 1 month in the UK, a shooting took place across the street from my flat. Needless to say, I felt much safer when I got back to the US. I'd feel more comfortable strolling around Indy at midnight than I would almost anywhere in the UK at night.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sorry Hough.

CHARITIES RAFFLING FIREARMS NOW BANNED FROM TRACTOR SUPPLY

https://thinkamericana.com/charities-raffling-firearms-now-banned-from-tractor-supply/
    I wrote TSC and asked them about this. Here is their reply.

Thank you for contacting the Tractor Supply Customer Solutions Team.

At Tractor Supply, we respect America’s fundamental freedoms and take individual rights very seriously. Like our customers, we are proud to support our rights including the Second Amendment.

To be clear, Tractor Supply has not banned the raffling of firearms by charities. We did ask organizations to stop gun raffles at the Palestine, Texas store in September after receiving complaints from local customers out of consideration for the recent mass shootings in Texas. This decision was based on both the closeness in time of the shootings and the fact that the shootings were in Texas. In an effort to be sensitive to our local customers’ concerns and still support the fundraising efforts of these organizations, we have chosen to make donations to these local worthy nonprofit organizations.

At Tractor Supply, we continue to make our fundraising decisions on a local store-by-store basis taking into consideration factors unique to each situation. As we strive to be active members of the local community and support local charities, there has been no change to our store fundraising policies.

We are honored to be part of each local community we call home and appreciate the chance to explain the situation further.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Better than a blanket ban, and seem to be making up for it with donations.

But still...

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I wrote TSC and asked them about this. Here is their reply.

Thank you for contacting the Tractor Supply Customer Solutions Team.

At Tractor Supply, we respect America’s fundamental freedoms and take individual rights very seriously. Like our customers, we are proud to support our rights including the Second Amendment.

To be clear, Tractor Supply has not banned the raffling of firearms by charities. We did ask organizations to stop gun raffles at the Palestine, Texas store in September after receiving complaints from local customers out of consideration for the recent mass shootings in Texas. This decision was based on both the closeness in time of the shootings and the fact that the shootings were in Texas. In an effort to be sensitive to our local customers’ concerns and still support the fundraising efforts of these organizations, we have chosen to make donations to these local worthy nonprofit organizations.

At Tractor Supply, we continue to make our fundraising decisions on a local store-by-store basis taking into consideration factors unique to each situation. As we strive to be active members of the local community and support local charities, there has been no change to our store fundraising policies.

We are honored to be part of each local community we call home and appreciate the chance to explain the situation further.

So a small group of Mrs. Kravitz's gets their way. :xmad:

wteaKOg.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [h=1]Rifle Murders Declined Nearly 24 Percent, FBI Report Shows[/h]https://freebeacon.com/national-security/rifle-murders-declined-nearly-24-percent-fbi-report-shows/

America saw a significant decrease in the number of homicides involving rifles, a report from the Federal Bureau of Investigation released on Monday shows. All methods of murder dropped by 7 percent in 2018, and gun murders fell by 6.7 percent, according to the FBI’s Uniform Crime Report. But murders committed specifically with rifles fell by an even greater 23.8 percent. NRA

Top Bottom