• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    WAIT WAIT WAIT... I can go to a gun show or use the internet and legally buy a firearm without paperwork?! where?

I'll give them that. You can buy a gun from the trunk of a car in many, many states. Even at a gun show between individuals milling about. I've bought and sold several through here just that way. But the "loophole" they advertise doesnt exist per se as they like to sensationalize it.

Trouble is, trying to ban folks from buying/selling that way just wont work. As pointed out by Gillebrand, thugs buy and sell that way today. (trunk of a car, not gun show) What she fails to mention (because she is either clueless or just evil), is even if she gets her way and institutes a UBC, those same thugs will still be buying/selling the same way, business as usual. Because "Evil is illiterate. It does not read your laws and will continue to do what it wants." (Colion Noir)

And I'm sure I'll get flamed, but I could almost live with a UBC system for actual sales if they could be trusted to limit it to sales and sales only. Almost. Provided no records were kept. (or like the current paper only 4473) I dont LIKE it, but I can think of worse things.

My fundamental "F no, go pound sand" resistance to "reasonable" gun reform is that its not reasonable the way they want to write it. We will likely end up with what they have out west where you cant even hand your buddy your gun on the range to see how he likes it because the way the law is written, handing him the gun is considered possession, and that is considered a transfer so it is off limits and illegal. I shouldnt be required to file paperwork just for you to touch or borrow it. Thats just silly. Offensively silly. How many active shooter situations started with "Hey Steve, Can I borrow your gun to go hunting?" or "thats a sweet pistol. Mind if I squeeze off a few rounds? " (at the range) I'd venture to say absolutely none. And of course that would also mean the end of the "rental wall" at ranges, the best way to figure out what you want to buy.

Just look at the latest assault weapons ban that is in the works. They want to ban ALL semi auto guns. Even tube fed 22LR rifles that are not a threat to anyone except paper or squirrels. So unless you carry a revolver or use a pump/double barrel shotgun at home, for defense, you're screwed. Not just scary black rifles, but ALL semi autos. That's just offensively silly. Tar and feather, out of town on a rail silly.

And of course a UBC is pointless without mandatory retroactive registration, because without registration, you cant enforce a UBC because if you dont know where the item was yesterday, you cant prove it wasnt there tomorrow when you need to figure out how long that person has had it. So out of principle, I will continue to fight against UBCs because we cant trust them to even BEGIN to be reasonable.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I'll give them that. You can buy a gun from the trunk of a car in many, many states. Even at a gun show between individuals milling about. I've bought and sold several through here just that way. But the "loophole" they advertise doesnt exist per se as they like to sensationalize it.

Trouble is, trying to ban folks from buying/selling that way just wont work. As pointed out by Gillebrand, thugs buy and sell that way today. (trunk of a car, not gun show) What she fails to mention (because she is either clueless or just evil), is even if she gets her way and institutes a UBC, those same thugs will still be buying/selling the same way, business as usual. Because "Evil is illiterate. It does not read your laws and will continue to do what it wants." (Colion Noir)

And I'm sure I'll get flamed, but I could almost live with a UBC system for actual sales if they could be trusted to limit it to sales and sales only. Almost. Provided no records were kept. (or like the current paper only 4473) I dont LIKE it, but I can think of worse things.

My fundamental "F no, go pound sand" resistance to "reasonable" gun reform is that its not reasonable the way they want to write it. We will likely end up with what they have out west where you cant even hand your buddy your gun on the range to see how he likes it because the way the law is written, handing him the gun is considered possession, and that is considered a transfer so it is off limits and illegal. I shouldnt be required to file paperwork just for you to touch or borrow it. Thats just silly. Offensively silly. How many active shooter situations started with "Hey Steve, Can I borrow your gun to go hunting?" or "thats a sweet pistol. Mind if I squeeze off a few rounds? " (at the range) I'd venture to say absolutely none. And of course that would also mean the end of the "rental wall" at ranges, the best way to figure out what you want to buy.

Just look at the latest assault weapons ban that is in the works. They want to ban ALL semi auto guns. Even tube fed 22LR rifles that are not a threat to anyone except paper or squirrels. So unless you carry a revolver or use a pump/double barrel shotgun at home, for defense, you're screwed. Not just scary black rifles, but ALL semi autos. That's just offensively silly. Tar and feather, out of town on a rail silly.

And of course a UBC is pointless without mandatory retroactive registration, because without registration, you cant enforce a UBC because if you dont know where the item was yesterday, you cant prove it wasnt there tomorrow when you need to figure out how long that person has had it. So out of principle, I will continue to fight against UBCs because we cant trust them to even BEGIN to be reasonable.

This is where i generally disagree. the ONLY thing I would be ok with is to qualify citizens to carry with tests or whatever, but then our LTCH permit gives us the same permissions to carry anywhere a police office can, no questions, full ownership & responsibility. This should be national. No state should be able to vary the restrictions on the 2nd amendment.

Either this or get all laws out of our 2nd amendment since ANY laws infringe upon it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is where i generally disagree. the ONLY thing I would be ok with is to qualify citizens to carry with tests or whatever, but then our LTCH permit gives us the same permissions to carry anywhere a police office can, no questions, full ownership & responsibility. This should be national. No state should be able to vary the restrictions on the 2nd amendment.

Either this or get all laws out of our 2nd amendment since ANY laws infringe upon it.

I'll vote for the second.

What amazes me is these bleeding heart libs love to tell us we need to wait, but "forget" about the most vulnerable. So if you threaten to kill Mrs Koss for leaving you, will you be a sport and not try to go shoot and kill her at her sister's house until she has had the opportunity to apply for her license, wait for said license to arrive, go wait for her to pass the background check plus mandatory waiting period to buy her gun, then find a class, wait for the class to happen, and then take the class before she is actually allowed to protect herself?

EDIT: in hindsight that sounded more accusatory/hostile than intended. Consider the accusation a rhetorical for others to digest.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Every single stupid gun law that has been made needs to go away. Since the beginning of the gun laws.
    None of them have hindered any bad guy from doing bad things. Yet all of them have made gun ownership more of a burden for the rest of us.

**** the NFA!
    I want to buy and make and sell my Machine Guns, Suppressors, SBSs, SBRs, DDs, AOWs, etc.... whenever and however I want to.
    Same goes for all other classes of weapons and ammo. I want to be able to import any gun and/or any gun part from any damn country I choose to.

I shouldn't need to explain myself to anybody.
    I am so ****ing tired of being treated as a bad guy. :xmad:

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I'll vote for the second.

What amazes me is these bleeding heart libs love to tell us we need to wait, but "forget" about the most vulnerable. So if you threaten to kill Mrs Koss for leaving you, will you be a sport and not try to go shoot and kill her at her sister's house until she has had the opportunity to apply for her license, wait for said license to arrive, go wait for her to pass the background check plus mandatory waiting period to buy her gun, then find a class, wait for the class to happen, and then take the class before she is actually allowed to protect herself?

EDIT: in hindsight that sounded more accusatory/hostile than intended. Consider the accusation a rhetorical for others to digest.

the laws are screwing us, th epliticians ar escrewing us, they all need to get out.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Every single stupid gun law that has been made needs to go away. Since the beginning of the gun laws.
    None of them have hindered any bad guy from doing bad things. Yet all of them have made gun ownership more of a burden for the rest of us.

**** the NFA!
    I want to buy and make and sell my Machine Guns, Suppressors, SBSs, SBRs, DDs, AOWs, etc.... whenever and however I want to.
    Same goes for all other classes of weapons and ammo. I want to be able to import any gun and/or any gun part from any damn country I choose to.

I shouldn't need to explain myself to anybody.
    I am so ****ing tired of being treated as a bad guy. :xmad:

When entering the state fair (for the last time) with my wife, recently, I commented that "I'm sick of being treated like a wolf simply because I'm not a sheep"... that's about as succinctly as I can put it; I'm right there with you.

Americans used to be able to buy rifles and dynamite at the hardware store; they could even buy anti-tank rifles mail order... the only "I.D." that needed to be shown was Washington, Lincoln, etc.

Why is it that there were very few mass casualty events such as we see all too frequently? The access to arms has been more and more tightly restricted, yet their criminal misuse has skyrocketed.

I think the grabbers still have "stroke of the pen, law of the land" in mind. They need to study history.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

There should be no tests. There should be no licenses or permits, and there should be no background checks for transfers of any kind, and there should be no restrictions on where one may lawfully carry for the defense of himself, his family, or his state.

We didn't have any of these things for much of our history and, while there were problems, they were not like we see now.

If a person is too dangerous to be trusted as a fully free man or woman, that person should still be incarcerated.

Clear the prisons of the non-violents to make room for those with clear intent to harm the rest of us.

Yes, things have changed. Folks who don't like it should be forthright and take up the flag to repeal or amend the Second or go pound sand.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Every time I see this statement I cringe.

See, see, see even gun people are up for more regulation!!!!!

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Every time I see this statement I cringe.

See, see, see even gun people are up for more regulation!!!!!

no I’m for one or the other. I’m tired of gray areas and loopholes that we must find to survive. Either make it all free or make make the laws respect the Liscenses that are granted to citizens to carry a handgun. **** or get off the pot. They can’t seem to pass one way or the other. So just call a mulligan, and repeal all infringing laws. Will it be the “old west”? Perhaps, but I’m not saying that would be worse....

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If you are for more regulation or repeal of all infringing laws, they will absolutely give you some more regulation.

They absolutely will not give you more rights with said regulation.

Are you new to America? INGO?

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    If you are for more regulation or repeal of all infringing laws, they will absolutely give you some more regulation.

They absolutely will not give you more rights with said regulation.

Are you new to America? INGO?

thats the trade. We know they won’t give more rights, so that’s That. They need to repeal all.

And and I NEVER said more regulation for rights. ^^ “Make the laws respect the liscenses...”

eh eff it. I’m to tired to try and explain to a troll.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    3 separate people disagreed with your statement.

I would be ok with is to qualify citizens to carry with tests or whatever, but then our LTCH permit gives us the same permissions to carry anywhere a police office can,

It is not trolling. You plainly say that you would accept more regulation for the right to carry any where the police can.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Well, since he would be "President", and not "King", how would he legally accomplish that?

He (Beto in this case) would accomplish it the same way AT and unconstitutional F makes laws now infringing on that which "shall not be infringed". The same way they tell us that our rifles must have barrels longer than 16 inches, and we say "OK" because they have bigger guns and an unlimited supply of lawyer money.

That being said, we already have too many unconstitutional laws which to date we the people have yet to figure out how to get repealed. Any more laws denying our constitutional rights will do nothing to stop someone who doesn't care that murder is illegal.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Congress came up with silencers, machine guns, and short barrel bans.
    The ATF did not come up with them.

Beto can't just wish things into existence.
    Now if he get's Congress on his side, then there's a problem.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    From now until I don't know when, we are vigilant and on guard for attacks on 2A from every direction. Next SCOTUS pick? 2020 Election? General BS from the anti's? RINOs? Keeping our own elected officials aware we are out here and we vote? This is getting tiresome but we have no choice but to keeping pressing on.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We hear all the time that there are limits on rights and they say "You cannot shout fire in a crowded theater."

Well you cannot shoot up a crowded theater either.

You cannot threaten someone with a deadly weapon, unless they have already used deadly force against you.

You can carry your mouth anywhere you like but I am restricted in where I can carry my gun.

So far to my knowledge the third has not been abused.

The fourth has no limits unless I am suspected of or commit a crime and there is RAS, PC or a warrant.

The fifth has no limits that I am aware of.

The sixth? Star chambers like FISA and Red Flags are definitely infringements! But not legal limitations.

Trial by jury can only be waived by the accused, except in cases of FISA and Red Flag cases.

Bail is now not required at all in many locals even when the crime is a high level felony.

you can make up any right you want these days and the libs will back you to the hilt. Like, LGBTQ shall not be infringed and a woman's right to commit murder.

10 doesn't have any bearing on anything anymore.

Top Bottom