• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have heard it succinctly explained that in a critical situation the principal supplies you need are beans, bullets, and band-aids--in other words, when the SHTF, the most important things to have available are food and water, effective weapons, and adequate supplies for medical care. Given that leftists are and always have been since Marx yet breathed been in the business of controlling people, the most effective way of doing that is to make you dependent upon them for food, water, and medical care, and denying you the means to resist or to forcibly protect the supplies you have already accumulated for yourself. This adequately explains 'gun control' laws, laws and regulations aimed at preventing us from making our own decisions regarding the food we eat, and the Health Care Act/Abomination which does nothing to solve the ostensible problem other than mandate that everyone acquire insurance and provide for Obama's own Brownshirts, and selected other power grabs. they got too much resistance on the bullets, so they went after the beans and band-aids. Theoretically, if they can keep us from eating or being able to mend wounds, they have accomplished as much to make us defenseless as they would had they managed to take away our weapons.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have heard it succinctly explained that in a critical situation the principal supplies you need are beans, bullets, and band-aids--in other words, when the SHTF, the most important things to have available are food and water, effective weapons, and adequate supplies for medical care. Given that leftists are and always have been since Marx yet breathed been in the business of controlling people, the most effective way of doing that is to make you dependent upon them for food, water, and medical care, and denying you the means to resist or to forcibly protect the supplies you have already accumulated for yourself. This adequately explains 'gun control' laws, laws and regulations aimed at preventing us from making our own decisions regarding the food we eat, and the Health Care Act/Abomination which does nothing to solve the ostensible problem other than mandate that everyone acquire insurance and provide for Obama's own Brownshirts, and selected other power grabs. they got too much resistance on the bullets, so they went after the beans and band-aids. Theoretically, if they can keep us from eating or being able to mend wounds, they have accomplished as much to make us defenseless as they would had they managed to take away our weapons.

I wouldn't say Marxism is of itself about controlling people, but rather that through experimentation, that's the only they've found it can work. Turns out people are strangely capitalistic creatures.

SteveL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    I have heard it said, that governments are the number one cause of death to human beings on the planet, my guess is, that statement probably has some real merit to it. So....I'm for stocking up on ALL essentials.

Steve L.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    I have heard it said, that governments are the number one cause of death to human beings on the planet, my guess is, that statement probably has some real merit to it. So....I'm for stocking up on ALL essentials. Steve L.

If I'm not mistaken, governments are the number one cause of death overall...through the killing of their own people.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I wouldn't say Marxism is of itself about controlling people, but rather that through experimentation, that's the only they've found it can work. Turns out people are strangely capitalistic creatures.
    I would say more like free thinking creatures.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    It is easier to control people that do not have effective means to resist. If you have laser guns and the enemy has bow and arrows, chances are, you are going to win. Not saying that the people with the bows cant resist, but they are going to be at a large disadvantage. Of course, gun control tries to take away the means for you to resist, or at least stand up for yourself. Just like before, people did not have freedom of speech, because if you can control what is being said, then you can make it harder for people to resist. Well, just my 2 cents

Top Bottom