• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I know there was a thread a while back about gun dreams, but I couldn't find it.

I don't usually have gun dreams, and most certainly not like the ones I'm about to explain. The past two nights I have had gun dreams. Not good ones either, the ones that make you wake up in a pile of sweat kind.

Dream 1:
    2 nights ago, I had a dream that I was back in DC and SHTF. I mean forreal **** like terrorists invading Mumbai style. I get my shotgun, shoot once, and jams. A terrorist just walks up on me while I'm trying to un-jam and boom, I wake up.

Dream 2:
    Last night I had a similar dream. I don't remember all the details but I do remember getting into a firefight in a dark parking lot with my G19. Shoot right at the guy, he won't go down, and then I run out of ammo. Wake up sweating.

You guys ever have these types of dreams? I know some ppl think they have a direct correlation with real life, and some say they're just random neurological interpretations, that's not necessarily what I'm asking here (could be a fear of lack of training, watching too many youtube vids, etc.), but have you had dreams like these? :dunno:

msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    I had one a couple of nights ago too. I was in the parking lot with my Girlfriend and some guy tried to mug us. I woke up before we started shooting but i had drawn on him.... scared the hell out of me.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Most anyone I have talked to with a carry permit has had them. It may be the brain's way of processing the things we all think about and plan for.

My worst one was a home invasion that happened so fast I could not get to a gun (mean dream as I carry at home - my id hates me!). Then there was one where it was a good shoot, textbook good, and while there were no legal problems no-one would talk to me anymore (I am in Bloomington, might be a true reality, who knows or cares).

On the other hand, these beat out the "Running from Aliens" dreams I used to get. In those dreams the only weapon I ever had was to trip the guy running next to me (yeah, i did, I am not proud of it).

Right after getting her permit, my wife also had a dream. It is just part of the game.

mtk469

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I have had a few similar dreams. But a non dream situation that led to some dreams, a couple of years back we had a burglar come through the back door in the middle of the night. My wife woke me up queitly saying there was somebody in the house. I grabbed the 870 from the closet took 2 steps down the stairs and racked the pump. Burglar ran straight through one of our front room windows and off through the neighborhood. Had some wierd dreams over the next few weeks as what could have or might have happened had he not ran.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    My gun related dreams have all revolved around my girlfriend, which is scarier than if it was just me. We're walking somewhere BG pops out of thin air, I draw, fire, and he goes down, but as he does, she fires a round that hits her in the shoulder.

Always about the same dream, and always just wounding her, but it scares the **** outta me, partly because she isn't ready to carry yet.

hen there was one where it was a good shoot, textbook good, and while there were no legal problems no-one would talk to me anymore (I am in Bloomington, might be a true reality, who knows or cares).

I'll still be your friend.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I used to have a re-occurring dream about stopping in at a garage sale in an upper-scale neighborhood and finding a huge gun collection being sold off for pennies on the dollar. I love that dream!!!! :rolleyes:
    :cheers:

USPc40

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Madison County
    I don't have gun dreams very often, but the same scenario always happens:
    Battling enemy (Indians, Nazi's, Japanese, Jihadist's etc.), pull the trigger, gun goes pfffft, bullet falls out the end of the barrel.:ugh:

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I have had several over the past weeks/months. All have involved my family. in every one I have a gun issues. one of my three go to guns is always involved.

If I am using my S&W 642 the double action trigger throws my aim off. If I am using my Colt 1911, I either need more than my 9 shots and don't have time to reload, or the gun jams up. If I am using my 870 the actions wont go and I cannot rack the slide.

I have never had any of these problems with any of these guns however they always seem to haunt me.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Over the years, I've had the SHTF and/or firefight dream many times. Various scenarios, but the same common themes.

Worst one, about 4 years ago: my wife and I are bike riding on a greenway somewhere. Some BG comes along and pushes my wife over, wrecking her into a bench. He stops, laughing at her. I jump off my bike and approach, getting ready to pound this guy into tomato paste. Right as I get up to him, he whips out a pocket revolver and fires point blank into my head. The *BANG* from the gunshot woke me up. I didn't go back to sleep that night.

One thing that happened to me, and it's something that I consider VERY meaningful...Up until 5 or 6 years ago, my dreams were like Nate's Dream 1. Every weapon I picked up would not function if I was covering a legit target. Didn't matter whether it was zombie invasions, a guy breaking in, or a Jack Bauer wannabe dream. I could not drop hammer on a person. This bugged me for some time, causing me to psychoanalyze myself and come to the conclusion that I couldn't finish the job if it came down to it. I don't remember exactly what the scenario was, or when, but when that particular problem in my dreams changed, I believe I changed. In all the dreams since then, I've never had a problem with a weapon that didn't do exactly what I needed it to when I needed it done.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah. The non-effective rounds hitting the BG dream. Clear hits but he
    won't go down.

Getting shot dream is a bummer.
    It was some kind of war/invasion etc. I do remember being stood
    in front of a wall of a farm house, it looked like europe WWII era.

There was a women with a gun in uniform behind me, I could not
    make out for sure what she was saying but it was a join us or die
    kind of thing. I think it was a judgement day join the devils army kind of thing.

I said "F*** Off" as was shot in back. I remember turning sideways, looking over my shoulder, things going black and a "feeling" of warmth and then I woke up.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Since moving to Japan, I have had the same dream several times.
    Basically it involves slight variations of the same theme: I have somehow managed to get my Taurus PT99 *into* Japan, but am faced with trying to get it, and me, out of the country without getting caught, usually at the airport.
    However, I just had a new twist on this old theme last week. I was in the People's Republik of California (for some bizarre reason...to kill brain cells/my common sense perhaps? :dunno:), and had my pistol but no valid permit, for CA or even Indiana*, and am about to be confronted/searched by one of LAPD's finest...

(*Never had a CA CCW cause I'm not Dianne Feinstein :xmad:, and my IN CHL has in fact expired. Will apply for my lifetime when I get home next time.)

WHAT HAPPENED

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Largo, FL
    I have had a few similar dreams. But a non dream situation that led to some dreams, a couple of years back we had a burglar come through the back door in the middle of the night. My wife woke me up queitly saying there was somebody in the house. I grabbed the 870 from the closet took 2 steps down the stairs and racked the pump. Burglar ran straight through one of our front room windows and off through the neighborhood. Had some wierd dreams over the next few weeks as what could have or might have happened had he not ran.

well with me they dont get the "rack" chance.... they all ready fvcked up soooo ooo well to them :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northside Indpls
    A lot of the time when people dream of guns, shooting others or killing it has something to do with stress/worries in your real life...stresses from anywhere (finances,relationship,work).

uaw661

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Carthage,Indiana
    I've had more than one dream where I need one of my guns in a hurry and I can't find the right bullets to load into the gun I'm holding.....Drive's me crazy...

Top Bottom