Gun Expert Jesse Jackson warns Assault Weapons can shoot down Airplanes!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Lawrence
    They can also, according to him, shoot down space shuttles, ICBM's, and Superman. Last time I checked... Box cutters took down the last ones. Lets outlaw box cutters! It is amazing that ANY news agency continues to allow this guy on TV.

g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    The one thing that is common to all airplane crashes is gravity. If we outlaw gravity, we could virtually eliminate all future plane crashes. Where is Hank Johnson? Get this information to him! Down with gravity!

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Jesse:

What kind of gun was it that was used in Memphis?

Is it the rifle that is the problem or is it the evil in the heart of man?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Any rifle could take down a plane. Just throw it right into the jet engine.

Has it ever occurred to JJ that a hunting rifle has twice the power as an "assault rifle"? Or is it the repetitive fire that he thinks makes the difference? I would prefer a bolt action 30-06 (or obviously a .50 cal, since that is actual AA) over an M4 any day. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd assume the little tiny 223 bullet would not do serious damage to the engines, especially at 300+ yards.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    One would expect JJ would know the power of a pump action rifle chambered in 30-06.

If anybody thinks his objective, and the objective of others who think like him, is semi automatics chambered in .223, they may have another thought coming.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    2494342-oh_wait_youre_serious_let_me_laugh_even_harder.jpg

You're not going to shoot down a transport-category, multi-turbine powered aircraft (like an airliner) with an intermediate cartridge rifle. You might cause damage, and that damage might lead to an emergency landing...but the airplane isn't going to blow up, and its not going to fall out of the sky.

Unless your "assault weapon" is shooting Canadian Geese directly into both powerplants, a "shootdown" of an airliner with a shoulder-fired rifle is a 10^-9 scenario.

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    Small arms tactics

Admittedly, the chance of taking down an airplane is small, but I do seem to remember having an Army Field Manual that had instruction as to how to aim at passing aircraft with your M16.

Any other Army guys remember that?

Yes I do. Lead rotary wing aircraft half a football field and fixed wing a full football field. Drill SGT. This is an M16A1 rifle. It is a gas operated shoulder fired magazine fed weapon with a maximum effective range of 460 meters and a maximum range of 2653 meters. My battle sight zero is r 2 up 1.
    I'll save the google bunnies some time and tell you the numbers are different for the A2. It was 1984 and these were full auto.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have never heard of an AR bringing down an airplane, nor have I ever seen any physics equation that could possibly explain how that could be a possiblity.

One thing I do know for sure is that the Keystone Rangers, which was the street gang that jessie jackson ran with up and down Roosevelt Road in Chicago was pretty good at robbing old widows who were cashing their social security checks and also really good a murdering mentally retarded newspaper boys. Jessie himself is pretty good at stealing 10 million federally supplied tax dollars from operation push that was supposed to help feed the poor. What a piece of work he is.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You're not going to shoot down a transport-category, multi-turbine powered aircraft (like an airliner) with an intermediate cartridge rifle. You might cause damage, and that damage might lead to an emergency landing...but the airplane isn't going to blow up, and its not going to fall out of the sky.

Unless your "assault weapon" is shooting Canadian Geese directly into both powerplants, a "shootdown" of an airliner with a shoulder-fired rifle is a 10^-9 scenario.

Don't confuse the issue with logic and facts!

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    JJ's point is not relevant.

It would be like arguing that a box cutter could take down a plane.

Evil resides in the heart; not in inanimate objects. I wonder how it is that a "reverand" like JJ overlooks that.

xoregonian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Jay Co.
    Small arms vs aircraft

Insurgency Tactics Test Helicopters' Staying Power

Of the last three helicopters downed in Iraq, one, a Kiowa Warrior reconnaissance aircraft, was shot down by small-arms fire.

The numbers for Vietnam were over 400 for fixed wing.

The last thing I would do is agree with just about anything the guy says, but however unlikely, a proven battle tactic. These weren't airliners at 30000 ft. but they were planes. the numbers for helos were over 2000. In Vietnam.

Last edited:

Jdmcx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2012
    was wondering when this A$$ HAT was going to interject. Waiting for the REV. to add his two cents. :rolleyes:

and here come the RACE warsssssssss

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    CONVICTED EMBEZZLER, RAPIST, AND CHILD-MOLESTER...

(Caps intentional) also. A real neighborhood activist and agitator. Ø started in this same position, and see where he went !!
    Intellectual Jesse Jackson self proclainmed Gun Expert, self proclaimed Black Leader claims that James Holmes could have shot down airplanes at Denver's airport. This is a natonal security issue and should be addressed by Homeland Security!

http://youtu.be/lAoKdm8tjzI

Short Video

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Insurgency Tactics Test Helicopters' Staying Power

Of the last three helicopters downed in Iraq, one, a Kiowa Warrior reconnaissance aircraft, was shot down by small-arms fire.

The numbers for Vietnam were over 400 for fixed wing.

The last thing I would do is agree with just about anything the guy says, but however unlikely, a proven battle tactic. These weren't airliners at 30000 ft. but they were planes. the numbers for helos were over 2000. In Vietnam.

Yes, a battle tactic is different though. We are talking about one man with a semi auto rifle who would have to be probably about a thousand yards from the runway. No steep hills to hide in and ambush choppers hovering for combat ops, no full auto spray and pray, no fire team. Apples to oranges. Plus, small arms fire can include medium to heavy (.50 caliber) machine gun fire, depending on whose definition you are using.

Top Bottom