• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    Wife wants to go to the movies. We rarely go and haven't in a long while. I saw on the AMC website that their code o conduct states no weapons of any kind. Is there any movie theaters around indy that aren't "gun free zones"? I try no to support those who do not support our right to carry. I know it is their right to choose what they allow on their property, but it is my right to decide not to give them my money.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Wife wants to go to the movies. We rarely go and haven't in a long while. I saw on the AMC website that their code o conduct states no weapons of any kind. Is there any movie theaters around indy that aren't "gun free zones"? I try no to support those who do not support our right to carry. I know it is their right to choose what they allow on their property, but it is my right to decide not to give them my money.
    Welcome to my personal conundrum. Typically, I try at all costs to avoid going and especially spending money anywhere that chooses their liability (or political opinion) over customer safety.

However, I'm a movie buff. My wife and I don't do a lot really. We don't have a lot of time or money to spend, but with only a 2 hour dedication that's available pretty much around the clock, we do go to the movie theatres. So this is probably the one and only place which I regularly break my rule of attendance. I don't know of any which are carry friendly around Indy however, so this is such a time where I must choose CC over my usual OC.

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Carry CC, believe in the phrase "Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it."

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I also like to see new movies and when I do it is one of the few times I make sure my EDC is fully covered and does not print. Plus, I make the early shows(noonish) because the ticket prices are cheaper and there are a lot less kids present.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Went to AMC 17 (I think) at Southern Plaza (I'm sure about this part). Armed Security hanging around the bar watching TV. Had a very visable OWB holster with a black "security" jacket covering the grip (couldn't tell what kinda gun) and his back to the incoming crowd. Also had his POV parked out front with a white "security" sticker slapped on the side. When I saw it, I kinda laughed.

Anyway...Saw Anchorman 2 (wait and rent it). Between all the people with their E-Cigs, the high schoolers talking and browsing on their cell phones, and the fat chick drinking more than her fair share of blue cocktails, I think I'll skip the theaters all together for awhile.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Not first run movies, but Cinemark Movies8 in Greenwood has removed their no gun stickers from their doors.
    we go there about every two weeks, and I have never had a problem!
    Can't beat it for $1.50-$2.00!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Went to AMC 17 (I think) at Southern Plaza (I'm sure about this part). Armed Security hanging around the bar watching TV. Had a very visable OWB holster with a black "security" jacket covering the grip (couldn't tell what kinda gun) and his back to the incoming crowd. Also had his POV parked out front with a white "security" sticker slapped on the side. When I saw it, I kinda laughed.

Anyway...Saw Anchorman 2 (wait and rent it). Between all the people with their E-Cigs, the high schoolers talking and browsing on their cell phones, and the fat chick drinking more than her fair share of blue cocktails, I think I'll skip the theaters all together for awhile.

Went to the same AMC yesterday to watch Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. I CC'd my Glock 19, but didn't see any armed security. Maybe we were there too early, dunno.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Wife and I have an AMC in our area. No "security" to speak of that's on the payroll... Just myself and our fellow CC'er club...

I've had the same dilemma about to support or not support. In the end I decided to bend, but my wife (whom doesn't want to carry) is even noticing more door stickers & commenting. Still, I feel that most of the stickers are because of insurance requirements and corporate PC BS... Places like a Lucas Oil and Banker's Life could be "better" inside the arena, but once I step outside I feel all bets are off, which is why I still do my best to carry something everywhere I'm legally allowed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I go to the movies quite often and I CC. I have never had a problem and if they ever asked me to leave I would have no problem with it because I already know I am disrespecting their policy. But i'd rather take that chance then be a helpless victim like those were in Aurora.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Concealed means, concealed.

Carry CC, believe in the phrase "Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it."

Amen brother!

CC all the way. We go every few weeks.

All movie theaters are gun friendly just keep it tucked.

I think you guys want THIS thread.

OP, I've heard that the theatre out in Brownsburg is 2A friendly. Haven't had the chance to verify that, but rumor has it.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Was at the Portage IMAX 16 yesterday with the wife and grandson to see Frozen and didn't see any signs about No Weapons. I always CC, per the wife (we know who the boss is) and go on our way.

Top Bottom