• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Varmint Killer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    Brazil
    With Obama threatening to pass gun control by any means necessary, including Executive Order, all bets are off.

If the gun grabbers get their way, it would mean the end of the Second Amendment as we know it.

Can you believe their proposed restrictions include...
    *** Banning ALL private, person-to-person, firearms sales.
    *** Expanding federal gun registration through the National Instant Registration System (NICS), or as I call it, the Brady Registration System.
    *** Indefinitely delaying purchases at gun stores by lifting the three-day limit on NICS background checks, allowing bureaucratic incompetence -- or maliciousness -- to delay your purchases as long as they want.
    *** Expanding the definitions of citizens banned from owning firearms -- which might include Hillary's political and ideological enemies like you and me.
    *** Forcing gun manufactures out of business by making them liable for the actions of murderers and criminals.
    *** Permanently banning ALL semi-automatic rifles and many handguns.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Nothing for it but to continue vocal and active defense. I just joined the NRA last week. Numbers speak volumes in DC and the more people NRA can claim as members the bigger the stick they will wield.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Nothing for it but to continue vocal and active defense. I just joined the NRA last week. Numbers speak volumes in DC and the more people NRA can claim as members the bigger the stick they will wield.

There is some truth to this... I know a lot of guys who don't like the NRA and I get it but they do a lot of good for us! And they are the front line.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    There is some truth to this... I know a lot of guys who don't like the NRA and I get it but they do a lot of good for us! And they are the front line.

People are silly. It doesn't matter if you like the NRA or agree with everything they do. Or a majority of it. The fact is they are HIGHLY effective at defending gun rights so anyone with a gun and the wish to KEEP having a gun (legally anyway) would be well advised to join. No I don't agree with everything the NRA does. I belong to the ARRL, which represents amateur radio, and they routinely annoy me and sometimes **** me off entirely. But they generally do a great job in DC and in state legislatures and that is why I belong.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    My thoughts on this are simple. Can't remember who it is but somebody's sig line says something to the effect of "If you've had enough and can't take it any more, grab your rifle and go outside and scream like a maniac, if you're the only one screaming, go back inside, it isn't time yet." I honestly think that if this strict gun control is pushed down our throats and actually enforced, that'll be the signal of tyranny and there will be a great many Americans outside screaming with their rifles.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I hear big media constantly braying about the evil NRA and it's "influence" on congress. Money talks in dc and the amount the NRA has to spend is chicken feed compared to what's coming in every day. What the NRA has is an organized group of voters with an issue, and that still gets the attention of political leadership who want to keep their jobs. Voters influencing leadership, the way things should be.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I hear big media constantly braying about the evil NRA and it's "influence" on congress. Money talks in dc and the amount the NRA has to spend is chicken feed compared to what's coming in every day. What the NRA has is an organized group of voters with an issue, and that still gets the attention of political leadership who want to keep their jobs. Voters influencing leadership, the way things should be.

Freedom of association is a good thing. They don't like some of mine and I don't like some of theirs. The ability to let ideas compete in the market place of political discourse is also a good thing.

Top Bottom