• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfootman02

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vincennes
    I also have an NRA sticker on my truck window. I decided to apply it not so much to advertise that I might have a gun in the vehicle but rather raise awareness of of the NRA & gun ownership.

When left in my vehicle (rarely), I also leave my gun in a lock box under the seat. I also believe that if I was a petty thief, unless I could guarantee the vehicle owner would not be back soon, the NRA sticker would be much more of a deterrent than a motivation to score a firearm.

Just my $.02.

match14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    South Central IN.
    I had my pickup truck broken into and my CD player stolen, I had forgotten to remove the face plate. This was 10 years ago. I honestly do believe a vehicle with an NRA sticker could be targeted for theft, as a result of the sticker. It has nothing to do with what I think the left thinks.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I don't typically keep a gun in my vehicle, however I have to occasionally. If its in the car, it won't be found or it's locked. I had stickers on my old truck(INGO,NRA) but my new car I don't want stickers.... So I got an NRA license plate! ;) I realize there may be a "target" because I show what I support, but you'll have that. I've had 3 vehicle break ins.... One I lost a sweet stereo, one they stole my wheels (left car on blocks, it was ridiculous...), and third I lost a crown royal bag full of pennies... I had nothing in the open, and didn't do anything to "ask for it", so I figure I might as well show support of what I feel like. Don't keep anything in a car that can be taken, or you wouldn't mind getting stolen... Guns or not.
    PICT0040.jpg

That was done with a freshly installed alarm too FYI.... Bastards.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    i'm different than the majority of you that have posted here.

i have a "love to shoot" nra front license plate, a nra license plate, nra sticker and ingo sticker on back window of my 4x4 pickup.

i'm a life member of the nra and proud of it. have been a member since the 80's and always had an nra sticker on whatever vehicle i owned. the way i look at it is if someone thinks about breaking into my vehicle he probably figures the owner has a gun somewhere and it is with me and they dont know when i'm coming back to my truck.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    My old truck had prolly 20 pro gun bumperstickers on it, from funny as hell to so true its down right scary, never had a prob and it was always parked in the street. My new truck has only 1 sticker, nra life member sticker, it gets parked in the drive way(new house)no probs so far. Nothin wrong with a truck gun, just keep it in a good spot, heh.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I have no problem flying my NRA sticker on my car, though it recently got removed and replaced with a molon labe decal. As previously mentioned above, I fly my colors just to **** of Obama supporters and counteract all those dang Coexist stickers.

Should I be afraid that criminals are going to read(and understand) my molon labe decal and take everything from my car, because I just told them to :dunno:

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    In Illinois it is illegal to have a loaded magazine in your car. Even if you do not have a gun with you.

As far as stickers, the only thing I put on any of my vehicles are the required state registration and parking permits for the university. I advertise for nothing as it immediately puts you into a group or classification. NRA-somebody might break in and start looking for a gun, or an anti gun cop might get a little agitated and then pull me over for something minor and make an issue out of it.

I just prefer to appear as neutral as possible. Its a crazy messed up world, whatever makes it easier for me to get through my day.

TMD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Owen County, IN
    I was under the impression that Federal Peaceable Journey laws would overrule that, as long as the gun and mag were separate and I didn't stop within the People's Republic during my trip.

As for me, I keep an H&K and Spike's Tactical decal on the back of my vehicle, which while fitting my interests are just obscure enough to confuse the antis.

In Illinois it is illegal to have a loaded magazine in your car. Even if you do not have a gun with you.

Last edited:

TEK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    st joe county
    As far as stickers, the only thing I put on any of my vehicles are the required state registration and parking permits for the university. I advertise for nothing as it immediately puts you into a group or classification. ......
    I just prefer to appear as neutral as possible. Its a crazy messed up world, whatever makes it easier for me to get through my day.

I agree with this. blend into the woodwork, low profile, unnoticeable is a lifestyle survival strategy.

but for guys who like to fly flags, good for you. personal choice.

verv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    It is pretty sad these days when a sticker on your vehicle will get you targeted by stupid people.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    No different than the people going around defacing obama stickers. Though I have to admit, Ive been so tempted..

I dont have my NRA sticker posted. I do have a gun rack though.. That worries me because I will have to leave my pistol in my truck when I get my permit. My job wont let me carry. Even though I drive a truck and go to god knows where, daily.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty

As far as stickers, the only thing I put on any of my vehicles are the required state registration and parking permits for the university. I advertise for nothing as it immediately puts you into a group or classification. NRA-somebody might break in and start looking for a gun, or an anti gun cop might get a little agitated and then pull me over for something minor and make an issue out of it.

What he said. Ditto.

1401king

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    I agree with this. blend into the woodwork, low profile, unnoticeable is a lifestyle survival strategy.

but for guys who like to fly flags, good for you. personal choice.

This ^^^ "speak softly and carry a big stick"

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I've gone around with Kicker decals on my car, never had it broken into before.
    I am far more likely to get broken into for the Kicker decals, than I am for an NRA sticker. An NRA sticker just means that you are a member of the NRA. You may or may not have a gun. Kicker decals means I have nice electronics, and expensive copper wires in my car. I thought about taking them off, but I don't really park anywhere that my car can get broken into. Except for Walmart, but I try to park near the front, and right in the direction of a Camera, and try not to be in there too long.
    Also got NRA/2 University Decals/Gadsden Flag
    I don't think they would break into a car for a gun, because the car has an NRA sticker. More than likely there is no gun, risk outweighs reward.
    Family member has curse words, and two anti-obama stickers on his nice shiny new Sebring. Nobody has touched it yet.
    I'm not worried out defacing for NRA stickers either, more likely to get keyed for the University decals.

BUT, maybe the reason nobody has broken into my car to take my sound system is because I have a Gadsden flag and NRA sticker on the car. That scares them away?

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    Oh...well...uh...anyway...I think I'd be more nervous if I had an Obama sticker for prez... That's just me. :draw:You know cause they don't believe in guns so thus they announce they are defenseless. But then again they are so hypocritical they might have a rocket launcher in the trunk and the could GET BY WITH IT.:dunno:

Top Bottom