• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    For my fellow lawyers on INGO, I am very pleased to announce that Tactical Firearms Training, LLC and the Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum (ICLEF) have partnered together to offer a Continuing Legal Education conference entitled "Taking Aim: An Introduction to Indiana Firearms Law."

The course is based on TFT's "Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law" course - which TFT offers to all students. However, "Taking Aim" is designed for lawyers, and we modified the course so that attorneys will receive CLE credit for attending.

"Taking Aim" will be offered in three segments on August 17, September 7 and October 5, 2011, from 8:30 am to 12:15 pm. each day. Attorneys will receive 3 hours of CLE credit for each segment.

I am the conference chair, and I am very pleased to announce that addiitonal speakers include Terry Curry, Marion County Prosecutor, who will speak on the topic of "Prosecuting Gun Cases in Indiana." Defense attorney Mark Rutherford will discuss "Utilizing 'Self Defense' in a Murder Trial," and civil trial lawyer Kirk Kitzinger will speak on "Civil Liability Associated with Gun Ownership." Sen Jim Tomes (Evansville), author of several recent pro-gun statutes in Indiana, will give a legislative update.

To register, or to view the entire agenda, please visit Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum - Calendar

I hope to see many INGO lawyers there - it should be a fun and informative way to meet our CLE requirements.

For the non-lawyers on INGO, TFT continues to offer our Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law course, and you can register at www.tactical-firearms.com.

Thanks!

Guy

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I saw this advertised in the ICLEF monthly, and in light of all the changes, wondered WTF it would cover! :) Thanks for the info here!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Sounds good, too bad it's being held at that dismal ICLEF conference center instead of a range. I might have to brave the elevator to the 5th floor for this, if they're working. ;)

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Sounds good, too bad it's being held at that dismal ICLEF conference center instead of a range. I might have to brave the elevator to the 5th floor for this, if they're working. ;)

Understood! I usually teach my Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law course in the classroom at Eagle Creek, and throw in an hour of range time!

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    This CLE is now only 2 weeks away. I hope to see many of my fellow INGO lawyers there!!

To the non-laywers here, I'm also offering my Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law course - the next one is September 10, 2011. Check out www.tactical-firearms.com for details!

Guy

Top Bottom