• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    are these your guys edc guns??? or are they always in your night stand loaded with no safety??? curious what people with kids are doing with their guns? young kids that is....

starting a new thread ignore curious on this topic

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    are these your guys edc guns??? or are they always in your night stand loaded with no safety??? curious what people with kids are doing with their guns? young kids that is....

starting a new thread ignore curious on this topic

Missed that in your other thread.....

The EDC goes into a nightstand safe, unholstered (the holster doesn't fit in there), but still loaded and ready. Hit a couple of keys, reach in, and I'm off. Flashlight and knife are next to the safe.

Now that I think about it, I should probably drop my pocket knife in the safe, too. She already likes the shiny clip, and tries to pull it out of my pocket.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    images

One in the chamber, full mag, with an extra mag sitting right next to it.

My wife's is similar. One in the chamber, full mag, with extra mag next to it.

And if that don't work, we go to the other guns in the house.

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    Because I have a Stepson with Autism,(27 years old going on 10, if you know what I mean) in our home I must keep it were he can not reach or find it. Parents have to make the right choose as to were they keep their easy to get to firearm, and educate
    everyone that lives in your home about firearm safety. It's your choose to keep a firearm in you home, your responsibility to educate and train those in your home.

As for me a Ruger p90 with one in the pipe loaded with Hornady hollow points and a Ruger shotgun with one round on rubber shot and the rest four shot.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My nighttime gun is the same gun I carry during the day. Neither have safeties. Smith 642 for weekday, G19 F-Sun. Both sit in Uncle Mikes soft holster on my night stand, right next to my glasses and cell phone.

Edit: Also have a Surefire LED sitting on same nightstand.

Last edited:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    This may have been discussed on here already, but I'm curious as to whether you have your gun loaded with the safety off while sleeping? I keep my Beretta PX4 on my nightstand at night got to thinking how long it would take me to take the safety off and cock it after waking if I heard an intruder.

Whats everybody do???

I have a PX4 on my nightstand with night sights and a flashlight attached. I keep the safety off, but I first decock it, so it is in double action mode and requires a stronger trigger pull. This is why I like double action, you don't have to use the safety, but it is there, and I can always cock the hammer if things are looking bad. I also purchased a biometric gun safe, so I can open it with the swipe of a finger, but no one else has access to it.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Sig 226 with round in chamber full mag no safety
    Kimber Ultra Carry cocked n locked full mag
    Sig 230 round in chamber full mag no safety
    M4 Carbine empty chamber full 20rd mag safety off
    Mossberg 930 SPX empty chamber full mag tube safety off ;) :twocents: :patriot:

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    mossberg 500 safety off, and or springfield 45 1 in the chamber no safety. Was told by an instructor at Indy gun safety keep the shotgun loaded because in panic situation chambering a round might fail

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mossburg 590 chambered safety on as it is a thumb switch. 1911 cocked and locked but it has a sweet safety on it. Muscle memory is so important. I get out an un-loaded (stress un-loaded) 1911 and work the safety. I pick it up with eyes closed raise it and unlatch the safety in one motion. Do this several times and it will become a natural routine. Same goes with the shotgun, practice/muscle memory.

megalomaniac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    My defense firearm (ruger 9mm) is kept with one in the chamber, safety on. And I practice. Muscle memory can save your life.

Last edited:

IrishJer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Decatur, IN
    I have a PX4 on my nightstand with night sights and a flashlight attached. I keep the safety off, but I first decock it, so it is in double action mode and requires a stronger trigger pull. This is why I like double action, you don't have to use the safety, but it is there, and I can always cock the hammer if things are looking bad. I also purchased a biometric gun safe, so I can open it with the swipe of a finger, but no one else has access to it.

Do you have the full size, compact, or sc? 9mm?

Top Bottom