• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've been using CLP ever since it came to the INDY area many years ago. I have not had a problem. I have also used RIG products too with good luck on firearms I store away.

Plus, I like the smell of CLP. Go Figure.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    As a general rule, CLP is outstanding in my opinion. I have used it for years, even in the desert. The only exceptions for me are my M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, and 1911's. They LOVE the bearing grease.

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    I firmly believe "gun oil" comes from the same factories as every other oil.

As I've said elsewhere. I'm using High temp wheel bearing grease. $2.76 for a 1lb tub of it. Should last the rest of my life.

+1 to that... I have used that stuff on my Garand and ar without a problem...

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    3-1 is all my dad ever used when I was growing up. Every one of his guns still look perfect to this day. I use the remington spray just for the fact it is so darn easy. I did just buy a can of breakfree because of all the good things I read about it on this site. My personal opinon is: Use anything, any oil you want but use something. Keep in mind the temp and humidity of were you store your stuff."

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    VN vet, I also love the smell of CLP. For years I would return home from an IPSC match with my guns (and my wife's guns) and retire to the garage and revel in the smell of CLP while listening to a FULL brass tumbler droning and planning evil stages for next weeks match. God I loved that life.

Thrash1982

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    I use light weight slide glide on my handguns and Ballistol on my semi auto rifles. Of course the Garand gets the grease.

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield

roughthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Huntertown
    I had used WD40 in the past untill I got yelled at by a collector. He told me that if you HAD to clean a gun and nothing else is available WD40 would be better than nothing. He went on to say that WD40 is known for REMOVING rust and blueing is a controlled rust that will slowely wear off when using WD40. It made sense to me. I was also told that more bluing is taken off of guns because of using the wrong lubes and protectants than is removed by years of handleing.

I'm a hillbilly not an engineer so I'm not sure if this info is correct.

Top Bottom