• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    there is a hero in Mishawaka today. He drew his gun and stopped a hit and run driver, took his keys and held the felon at gun point until the police arrived. Unfortunately one of the little girls has died of her injuries and the other is still in critical condition. Link to the story is southbendtribune.com

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    The driver was taken to the police station for questioning and then released

WTF?

With all the witness's why wouldn't they file charges?

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    What a tragic story. It breaks my heart to think of what those two little girls went through.

Kudos to the man who stopped the fleeing driver. I personally think he did the right thing.

God Bless the family of the two little girls. Prayers.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Both girls were rushed by ambulance to Memorial Hospital in South Bend with critical injuries, Mishawaka police Capt. Pasquale Rulli said. One was immediately admitted into surgery, he said, and the other flown to Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis.

There is an INGOer who's wife is a trauma nurse at Riley. I wonder if he'd have any updates. . . .

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Agree...

But what about attempting to flee the accident? Maybe there's more to the story.

I just re-read IGW's post. It was the DRIVER who was taken and released. . . I thought it was the GUN TOTER.

I think maybe IGW meant "why wouldn't they file charges . . . ."

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I just re-read IGW's post. It was the DRIVER who was taken and released. . . I thought it was the GUN TOTER.

I think maybe IGW meant "why wouldn't they file charges . . . ."

correct it was a typo.... with all they witness's why wouldN'T they file formal charges against the driver and lock him up? something sounds fishy..... maybe the driver was a politician so he was above the law.:dunno:

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    correct it was a typo.... with all they witness's why would they file formal charges against the driver and lock him up? something sounds fishy..... maybe the driver was a politician so he was above the law.:dunno:

lmao, you said it wrong again. . . .

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    There is an INGOer who's wife is a trauma nurse at Riley. I wonder if he'd have any updates. . . .

Not if she wants to keep her job and stay out of jail. Disseminating information about patients is a major no-no in the health care professions, and is actually a violation of Federal Law (HIPPA).

Usually if there is a high-profile patient, the hospital public relations folks will work with the patient or the family to produce an official release or press statement (that is approved by the patient/family). Anything other than that leaking out, and somebody is in big trouble.

Top Bottom