• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    First off, never hire an attorney that just 'wants to negotiate'. If said attorney doesn't have serious cojones, 'fire' them before you ever hire them. Your attorney is supposed to act in serious 'defense' of your best interests, not be 'Mr. Nice Guy'.

Second, stop hanging around felons, or people that think it's 'cool' hanging around felons.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Well, I cant help on the op question.

But, I myself have been the way of the PO, for no reason. They hand these things out like candy to women, and it was no different in my case. we were already exchanging our daughter at the local cop shop parking lot, because I didn't trust her and there are cameras there. The day that she pulled the PO on me, she claimed that a bunch of stuff went on at an exchange. However, the cameras told a different story. It was in the begining stages of the divorce, I disputed the claims and it went to hearing, but the "emergency order" was already stamped. Prolly by someone in the court office and not even the judge.

After they put off the hearing for several months, and after a custody evaluation btw (where it was used aginst me), I finally got the hearing. The facts. I had never, in all the years lifted a hand to her. She, or anyone else had never called to police for anything domestic related. and here is the big one. The vid from the cop shop camera, WITH, the chief deputy there to testify for me.

Here is how it went, she whimpered and cried and repeted everything that she had said in the falsified report. Then I denied it all and submited the vid to prove that it was not only bogus, but that she had just commited perjury. The judge refused to view it, and said that he was leaving the PO because, his exact words, "I feel like she is afraid of you".

When it ran out, she would get another one. And after years of not even being in the same building as her or comunicating with her, he kept giving it to her again.

Here is one more fact for you, The judge bowels with the guy that she was screwing around with when she took off.

And the interesting part. The PO stated that I could possess firearms. Is or isnt brady disqualified, I dont remember the exact wording but I checked into it and I was ok. And I got my LTCH renewed while that was all going on. But I could not buy from a dealer without getting denied by nics. The reason, I was under a PO, where the other person was at one time my wife and/or girlfriend, and there had been a hearing for that PO. Can possess, Can carry, Can not buy. Go figure. Over 4 years of the PO btw.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So whats the difference between a locked up gun in a home vault that the offender doesnt have access to, and the locked up guns behind the counter at walmart? Does the probation also prevent the offender from entering a walmart? going within x feet of sporting goods?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So whats the difference between a locked up gun in a home vault that the offender doesnt have access to, and the locked up guns behind the counter at walmart? Does the probation also prevent the offender from entering a walmart? going within x feet of sporting goods?

Probation is in lieu of jail time. If the rules don't suit you there is an option.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is interesting, something I never thought of. We have a friend of ours living with us and she just started dating this guy a few weeks ago. She just told me the other day in conversation that he can't own a gun because he is a felon, something about stolen gift cards. Does this mean that I now need to have all my guns someplace where they cannot be accessed or does it not apply because he is just visiting?

Don't let him visit.
    Why put yourself out for his idiocy's.
    Seriously........

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Opinion.....If you do not want to be penalized for the stupidity of others choose better partners.
    It is really that simple.

Back when I was a more frequent participant on this site if I had a gun law question it seemed like somebody would usually come through with links to the legal code in question. I am not saying anyone owes me that, but it sure is impressive and very helpful when it happens.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Back when I was a more frequent participant on this site if I had a gun law question it seemed like somebody would usually come through with links to the legal code in question. I am not saying anyone owes me that, but it sure is impressive and very helpful when it happens.

Most of us aren't lawyers, so our legal advice is worth what you're paying for it. For whatever reason, none of the resident lawyers have chosen to weigh in. I've always found that real legal advice on important matters has been worth paying for.

Top Bottom