• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremyc46158

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Mooresville, Indiana
    I am a little confused on this subject. I was told that in 2011, that if you are obtaining or going to obtain a carry permit that you have to take classes no matter what age you are. Now this is where i get confused. One of my buddies just got his carry permit on March 31st of 2012 of this year and he told me that he did not have to take classes. Can anybody help me with this.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Depends on the state of residence. Where does the person live who told you that? Where do you live? Where does your buddy live? In IN, no classes are required.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    In Indiana its as simple as a finger print check, backround check, pay your money and if you pass its yours. If do electronically you can have yours in as few as 4 days. The wife and I did ours the Monday of Thanksgiving week 2011 and had it that Friday, not bad service considering the holiday. I would also recommend getting the life time permit, only a little more and well worth the money.

P>S> if you get one find someone with a color copier ( the liscense is pink :rolleyes:) and make several copies to lamanate so you have an exytra in case you loose it , and can keep a copy in all you cars.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I think you are confusing a hunting license with a License to Carry Handguns. You do require a safety course if you were born after 1986, in order to get a hunting license. Nothing is required except the application and fee to get a LTCH.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Yep, as mentioned already no classes. I have heard of some police chiefs and sheriffs wanting to do a face to face and they recommend getting training but once again, not required.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    ...if you get one find someone with a color copier ( the liscense is pink :rolleyes:) and make several copies to lamanate so you have an exytra in case you loose it , and can keep a copy in all you cars.

I hate it when a license gets "loose" as they are very hard to catch ! :):
    Also, where can I get this "exytra liscence" you speak of? :dunno:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    We're an odd-ball state. To carry a long-gun in the woods a couple of months out of the year takes a safety course. To carry a handgun nearly everywhere you go year round takes almost nothing.

Not complaining. Just saying. :D

cluznar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Here is a website where you can get a conceal carry permit which is good in some 20 odd states, and you have to do no shooting. They even have a video where a lawyer tells how it works.

The website won't post so contact me.

Do scope it out. :patriot:

Top Bottom