• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • superman63086

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Franklin, IN
    So I have a proposition for all of you based on my experience this past saturday. We had 11 guys at Atterbury for a "man" day. We all brought different weapons and shot everybody's stuff. I know some of them more than others but we had a good time and were very safe.
    So here is the proposition, we get a shoot together every other month and have a list of who can come and what they will bring. We can base the shooting on ammo prices so its fair(9mm=20rds) (30-06=5rds) and if you want to shoot more you just pay extra for ammo. Something to that effect so we can get experience shooting other types of guns and calibers.
    I think its a good idea to let other know what you can bring and what you want to try and shoot.

Personally Im looking for some random stuff: Browning High Power, 5.45x39, 50bmg, 8gauge shotgun, and many others.

Here is what I have: 7.62x25 Tokarev, Glock 17, Mosin Nagant, 303 Enfield.

Just from Saturday I was able to shoot a:Remington 30-06, AK47, AR15, Mossberg Slug Gun 12ga, Beretta 92fs, Taurus 9mm compact, Taurus 22&22MAG Tracker revolver, Marlin 795.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've done this before with a group and everyone said what they were planning on bringing. People could either buy some ammo or chip in a little if they were going to be shooting things that others brought. I don't remember a single person asking for anyone to chip in though. 500s&w and .458 SOCOM was provided free of charge, as long as the shooters kept track of the brass. Not a whole lot in that group had too much that was odd though.

I do think an 8 gauge would be fun. A lot of odd shotguns would be fun.

superman63086

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Franklin, IN
    Yeah im into some of the strange rarely seen cartridges. I like to shoot everything and get a feel for different weapons. Im more of a firearms connoisseur.

I think that 458 socom and a 338 Lapua would be great. Im not sure if anyone on here has any but a 4bore and 2bore rifle would be great fun too, however im not sure how many of us would drop $50-100 a round.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Sounds like a good time but I don't have anything rare I could bring

Ruger 10/22, AR15, AK47, Mosin, Ruger P95 9mm, Sig SP2022 9mm, Springfield XD45, Home defense 12ga

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    would definatly be fun but you could get WAY to many people there in a hurry. Might be better to break it up and do like a "Northern Region", "Central Indiana" and a "Southern Indiana"

superman63086

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Franklin, IN
    Maybe slightly but if there is a gun that someone really wants to shoot I wouldnt want to keep them from that opportunity. I guess regions+ choice if youre willing to drive to all of them.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    So I have a proposition for all of you based on my experience this past saturday. We had 11 guys at Atterbury for a "man" day. We all brought different weapons and shot everybody's stuff. I know some of them more than others but we had a good time and were very safe.
    So here is the proposition, we get a shoot together every other month and have a list of who can come and what they will bring. We can base the shooting on ammo prices so its fair(9mm=20rds) (30-06=5rds) and if you want to shoot more you just pay extra for ammo. Something to that effect so we can get experience shooting other types of guns and calibers.
    I think its a good idea to let other know what you can bring and what you want to try and shoot.

Personally Im looking for some random stuff: Browning High Power, 5.45x39, 50bmg, 8gauge shotgun, and many others.

Here is what I have: 7.62x25 Tokarev, Glock 17, Mosin Nagant, 303 Enfield.

Just from Saturday I was able to shoot a:Remington 30-06, AK47, AR15, Mossberg Slug Gun 12ga, Beretta 92fs, Taurus 9mm compact, Taurus 22&22MAG Tracker revolver, Marlin 795.

would definatly be fun but you could get WAY to many people there in a hurry. Might be better to break it up and do like a "Northern Region", "Central Indiana" and a "Southern Indiana"

OP, maybe you set something up like this;

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...son_3_sat_24_mar_2012_nwi_meet_and_shoot.html

I went to one last fall, and hope to make it to this one.

Top Bottom