• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Wont work with any of my M91's or Type 38's, the car isn't wide enough, and length wise they would reach into the front seat.

Sorry tree hugger but you need to go back to the drawing board.

Terry4570

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    N.A. IN.
    Wont work with any of my M91's or Type 38's, the car isn't wide enough, and length wise they would reach into the front seat.

Sorry tree hugger but you need to go back to the drawing board.
    You got that right,that guy is a drone.I would like to see a big old bloody deer or two in that thing and I wonder how well it tows a boat or a trailer with your atv.:koolaid:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You got that right,that guy is a drone.I would like to see a big old bloody deer or two in that thing and I wonder how well it tows a boat or a trailer with your atv.:koolaid:

I know a guy that got a deer in the woods behind their house during bow season. His wife left his set of keys (and had her's in her purse). He was left without keys for any vehicle except the summer "toy". He secured the deer onto the Miata and showed up to check it in. Wife wasn't too happy. The Miata is pearl white.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    A software engineer by trade, John is used to finding solutions to problems that leave others scratching their heads.

I hope his software solutions don't look like they were constructed by a third grader.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Until they make hybrid or electric cars more cost effective they will continue to be a niche market.

Imo this country should adopt more diesel cars, the Jetta TDI is about the same price as a Prius, is bigger, faster, more fun to drive, and gets close to the same mileage. The Fusion and Camry hybrids will run you 3-5K more than the TDI Jetta and again gets similar mileage.

Obviously at some point we have to stop relying on oil as much as possible, but I am not sure going to a hybrid the way to go, heavy and expensive battery packs that will eventually wear out and cost quite a bit to replace are not something I want to deal with. Also if they need to be plugged in at home you are using electricity and as well all know generating electricity isn't exactly an oil free operation.

DepTaylor

Plinker
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Westfield
    +1 for diesels. Europe gets 50+ mpg in Honda Accords, but US emissions standards make it very hard for companies making diesels to be successful here.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Obviously at some point we have to stop relying on oil as much as possible, but I am not sure going to a hybrid the way to go, heavy and expensive battery packs that will eventually wear out and cost quite a bit to replace are not something I want to deal with. Also if they need to be plugged in at home you are using electricity and as well all know generating electricity isn't exactly an oil free operation.

this is just a step along the way, in the evolution towards a real solution :dunno:

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I know a guy that got a deer in the woods behind their house during bow season. His wife left his set of keys (and had her's in her purse). He was left without keys for any vehicle except the summer "toy". He secured the deer onto the Miata and showed up to check it in. Wife wasn't too happy. The Miata is pearl white.

I can only hope that someone took pictures of this! :rockwoot:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, I think the whole electric car thing is kind of a crock. Conservation of energy; in order to push an object of X mass Y distance, you need Z force. You can generate that force in the car itself with gasoline or diesel, or you can generate it 50 miles away by burning fossil fuels in a plant somewhere and then pushing that power out to your electric car via the power grid.

Granted, there may be some savings in "fossil fuels" if you live in an area serviced by wind turbine, hydroelectric, or nuclear power...but for everybody else, you're still causing the same issues.

There may be some savings on the basis of efficiency....an electric power plant is likely to be more efficient than a late model Buick, but you're still burning fossil fuels to power your car; you're just making someone else do the burning to relieve your conscience.

Top Bottom