• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just to let everyone know. Word has reached me that some people close to the Mayor may continue to oppose this new site. The new tact won't be much different and is a variation of the "those type of people" argument. Basically, since the new site is in a professional area that it might scare away businesses. It is almost like the administration wants to hide the fact that there are many decent, respectable gun owners in Carmel.

Instead, it will be more of the second-class citizen treatment, that we should be kept hidden.

That attitude really gets old.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    About equidistant from my house as the previous location. And still in town. I can do that.

BUT?!?! WHAT IF A STRAY BULLET SHOULD END UP IN TRAFFIC ON 31? IT COULD CAUSE A WRECK THAT COULD KILL DOZENS OF PEOPLE!!! WE CAN'T HAVE THAT AT ALL. IT CAN'T BE ALLOWED, THAT JUST WON'T DO, WE'VE GOT TO STALL ! ! ! ! ! ! WE CAN'T HAVE THAT SAM-I-AM. NOT NEXT TO A SCHOOL, NOT BY A POOL, NOT NEXT DOOR OR NEAR A STORE, NOT BY A PARK OR OPEN AFTER DARK , BY THE HIGHWAY OR CLOSE TO A CAFE, NO, NO, NO SAM-I-AM WE CAN'T HAVE ONE OF THOSE HERE, NO WAY!

WHEW! Not sure where THAT came from. But is sounds about right coming from the nattering naybobs of negativism.

Last edited:

VGFsirius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2013
    Carmel

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    On Sep 13, 2013, at 10:07 AM, I sent this e-mail to the Mayor and below is his response.
    Hi Mayor,
    I was wondering what your stance is on the new location for the new Point Blank gun store and range?
    Thanks
    Charlie

There are now complaints from the executives at CNO, our largest employer and some of the hotels in the area of the new location. We have 43 national and regional headquarters in this area paying ore than 30 million yearly in taxes--taxes our residents don't have to pay. I am concerned if the perception in this corporate community is such that it causes some to leave or others not to locate here. They are mainly worried about security and the fired employee, etc.

Sent from my iPad

jaeisber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Westfield
    On Sep 13, 2013, at 10:07 AM, I sent this e-mail to the Mayor and below is his response.
    Hi Mayor,
    I was wondering what your stance is on the new location for the new Point Blank gun store and range?
    Thanks
    Charlie

There are now complaints from the executives at CNO, our largest employer and some of the hotels in the area of the new location. We have 43 national and regional headquarters in this area paying ore than 30 million yearly in taxes--taxes our residents don't have to pay. I am concerned if the perception in this corporate community is such that it causes some to leave or others not to locate here. They are mainly worried about security and the fired employee, etc.

Sent from my iPad

So in other words...more BS excuses to not put the range in. I said it a while back when the first location was pinpointed, I'll be surprised if a range opens up in Carmel. They are too concerned with superficial 'problems' to put something like a range in their city limits.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I saw someone close to the issue a couple weeks ago, and it looked on track for the November plan commission meeting. They seemed pretty positive, but still wanted the community involvement.

But, I just checked out the minutes from a committee meeting, and still got the impression that the administration had 'issues' with the project.

Indeed, let's get the word out that this could still get stymied. sign the petition. Call or email the mayor. Call or email either your city councillor or Kevin Rider. Kevin is an at-large councillor, so he represents all of Carmel. He is also on the Plan Commission.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Looks like we have a date. It should be moving forward to the Plan Commission on November 19 at 6:00 pm in the Carmel City Hall.

Let me know if you plan on attending. I'd like to be at least a little organized. :)

Thanks,
    T

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    It would be great for gun owning Carmel residents if this business opened. However, Czar Brainless is never going to let it happen. There will always be vague references to "concerns" about this or that BS no matter the location. Gun owners do not fit the Carmel model of sophisticated, cultured, urbane, metro-sexuals and soccer moms.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Looks like we have a date. It should be moving forward to the Plan Commission on November 19 at 6:00 pm in the Carmel City Hall.

Let me know if you plan on attending. I'd like to be at least a little organized. :)

Thanks,
    T

I would have liked to make it, but I'll be on my honeymoon during that week. I'm still interested in this shop, so be sure to update this thread with how the meeting went!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Thanks,
    T

I signed the petition, but date of the hearing is my wife's birthday. I doubt she'll want to spend it at a zoning hearing.

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    I've searched online but can't find out how many LTC permits are in Hamilton County in Indiana. Anybody know where I might find that info?
    Thanks

Top Bottom