• ...and so much more!
  • BC9

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Fishers
    I snuck out of work (3 blocks away) to check PB out. Very nice place. They have a large selection of guns and they had lots of ammo, which I was happy to see. Like T.Lex said, they're on the high side of reasonable, but I'm OK with that. A nice young man named James took the time to show me around the store & took me back to see the range. Nice set up with good noise control. I may not get there very often, but I will be back.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That was Ann. She's an excellent instructor.

I think she was hitting on me. And I'm at an age where that's not all bad.

I agree that they should have more AR parts/accessories. I saw a couple batches of AK mags, but didn't see any AR.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I stopped in today around 2 (might have taken a detour on the way back to the office from a job site). They were stocking shelves and still getting everything set up but it looked real nice. A couple people on the range that I could see through the windows. Talked to a couple people, mentioned INGO and went back to work. It was a nice detour. :yesway:

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    what is the policy on carrying firearms at this store?

I can try to field this. You can carry all you want. We would prefer that you have it in a holster and that it remains there. But you can walk in with a gun in your hand. If you do decide to do that, you will most likely have someone approach you in a very friendly manner and ask you to clear the weapon. Once we know it's clear and as long as you practice good muzzle control, enjoy the store!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    WOW, nice place. Very well laid out. The staff have obviously been trained well (or selected well) and have achieved the perfect balance of wanting to help but not bothering you. They have a couple classrooms, the firing line goes on forever, the shooting distance was longer than I anticipated and the sound from inside the store was muffled very well. .22 was abundant by today's standards. cci mini mags $29/300rd brick, Rem thunderbolt $29/ 500 round brick (they have 750,000 rounds ish) or same price for 500rd loose packed boxes (they had maybe 10 on the shelf), and Winchester super x $9 per 100 round sleeve. They had Kahr magazines that, as a Kahr owner, I didn't know they made...8 rounders.
    No attitude, all help and service minded people!

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    I just went in for a look around. Very nice. I'm 1.5 miles. I was disappointed they told the gunsmith he had to work the sales counter. He told them when he hired he was a gunsmith not sales. So guess I lost my free range time but I'll be back to shoot. Will have him with me giving me private lessons. :)

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    ... The staff have obviously been trained well (or selected well) and have achieved the perfect balance of wanting to help but not bothering you. ...
    No attitude, all help and service minded people!

Wake up people! Based on the information provided above, this place is obviously not a real gun store. It is merely a front for a government plot to lure gun owners in and identify them so that their firearms can be confiscated during the coming martial law.

VGFsirius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2013
    Carmel
    I just went in for a look around. Very nice. I'm 1.5 miles. I was disappointed they told the gunsmith he had to work the sales counter. He told them when he hired he was a gunsmith not sales. So guess I lost my free range time but I'll be back to shoot. Will have him with me giving me private lessons. :)

Thats a shame. Do you know of any other gunsmiths?

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    really awesome place- i 2nd what smiledochill said - very nice staff, didnt "badger" me, etc. etc.

didnt intend on spending any money, and what do you know i walked out with 3 bricks of 22 - although its remington, so i probably only got about 1200 rounds of useful ammo :D

cant wait till i have time to check out the range!

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Got to spend some time at Point Blank Carmel today, with my wife and her daughter. Great facility! We were very impressed. Plenty of staff on hand, seemed pretty organized for a new range/shop, and the range is AWESOME! We had a great time and will certainly be back. The prices seemed reasonable (ESPECIALLY THE RANGE TIME!) and they have several specials going on. I wish them the best of luck!

alexFN45.jpg
    Alex shooting my FN .45 Tactical.

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Out of curiosity because it took me by surprise, before you were allowed to use the shooting range, did you watch the safety video and sign the liability wavier and was charged $5 to watch the video. It wasn't the video and wavier that surprised me...it was the $5 to do it.

Got to spend some time at Point Blank Carmel today, with my wife and her daughter. Great facility! We were very impressed. Plenty of staff on hand, seemed pretty organized for a new range/shop, and the range is AWESOME! We had a great time and will certainly be back. The prices seemed reasonable (ESPECIALLY THE RANGE TIME!) and they have several specials going on. I wish them the best of luck!

View attachment 38447
    Alex shooting my FN .45 Tactical.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    If I'm not mistaken, the $5 is a one time fee and applies to everybody.
    I went back in again on Sunday and picked up a couple of .22 mags and some more .22 ammo. It's becoming a habit!

Bob

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If I'm not mistaken, the $5 is a one time fee and applies to everybody.
    I went back in again on Sunday and picked up a couple of .22 mags and some more .22 ammo. It's becoming a habit!

Bob

$5 fee? Well I must have gotten lucky since I was there day 1... actually hour 1.

Top Bottom