• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I'm going to go to the Sport Boat & Travel show within the next few days with my wife. I've been strongly considering getting a Glock 19 or 26 - want something she could handle pretty easy around the house if I weren't here & something happened, as well as something I could conceal carry when I want. Is there a range in Indy that we could stop by that has these guns for her to shoot & try out?

Thanks.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Pops is the only place I know of in Indy that rents guns, they are out on Washington St. On the east side

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    Just locking your doors won't do it. Don't have anything of value visible inside your vehicle. Talking to Terry yesterday there have been 2 more smash and grabs since I lost my SBR AR on Christmas eve.! They are going to put up a multi camera system, it's just not in yet, and it doesn't have remote controlled firearms on the outside either.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Pop Gun on East Washington and Post Road. Rent and tryout a nice selection of firearms, but you have to purchase their ammunition there to use in the rental.

Pistol Rental/Range time/Store bought ammo, it can ad up, so narrrow your pics wisely.

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm going to go to the Sport Boat & Travel show within the next few days with my wife. I've been strongly considering getting a Glock 19 or 26 - want something she could handle pretty easy around the house if I weren't here & something happened, as well as something I could conceal carry when I want. Is there a range in Indy that we could stop by that has these guns for her to shoot & try out?

Thanks.

I live about 30 minutes East of Indy, but you're welcome to shoot my Glock 19 at my place. We have a small shooting range on my property. If you give me a little notice I can get my friends Glock 26 so you can shoot both. :draw:It's a little muddy this time of the year, but better than spending $100 to rent a couple of guns for an hour.

T_V

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Pops. Definately. I was thinking of getting rid of my G19. Need to trade for a G 26 or 27.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    What? Nobody mentioned Don's? Bwahahahahaha!

I thought about it for ohhhh about 2 seconds...then dismissed it :D. I have a similar need at some point. A friend wants her LTCH and a gun, has only shot 1 gun (no clue what it was or even what caliber) but decided she wants a 357 revolver :rolleyes:, I've gotten her to agree to shoot some different guns BEFORE she puts money down on anything.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I thought about it for ohhhh about 2 seconds...then dismissed it :D. I have a similar need at some point. A friend wants her LTCH and a gun, has only shot 1 gun (no clue what it was or even what caliber) but decided she wants a 357 revolver :rolleyes:, I've gotten her to agree to shoot some different guns BEFORE she puts money down on anything.

You can rent a machine gun at Don's. :ar15::ar15::ar15:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

Thanks.

Pops and Dons rent handguns, but you have to use their ammo and they WAY over charge for said ammo. Also, I have been to both and feel safe in neither. (wouldn't spend money in either store because they cater to people who don't know any better and their prices are ridiculous.)

I would post a message on here, and find someone to meet you at a range and let you shoot with them. A lot of members are more than happy to help someone out.

If she really wants to shoot a .357 before she buys one, let me know, I have a Smith 4" .357 she can try.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    If she really wants to shoot a .357 before she buys one, let me know, I have a Smith 4" .357 she can try.

I told her I could probably find people that would be more then happy to help a new shooter out and let her see what actually works for her. Her response was "What am I getting myself into?" My answer..."a lot of fun?" :dunno:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    My .357 was my grandfathers, he left it to us when he died. My dad not being a "gun guy" was worried about us shooting it when he finally gave it to me. (I was in my 20s before he let me have it.) He only let me put one round in it the first time we shot it (I was the one who wanted to do it)

It's loud, but manageable. I'm sure you know this.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    My .357 was my grandfathers, he left it to us when he died. My dad not being a "gun guy" was worried about us shooting it when he finally gave it to me. (I was in my 20s before he let me have it.) He only let me put one round in it the first time we shot it (I was the one who wanted to do it)

It's loud, but manageable. I'm sure you know this.

I just don't want her to "commit" to a revolver based on shooting one semi automatic one time at some point in the past. If she shoots a 357 and loves it, I'll be the first one to help her find a gun. She says she's been pricing them, at gun shows and some place called Bobs?

Top Bottom