• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beardown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Southern Indy
    Not sure if this is the best place for this question. . .

I'm moving to the southern side of Indy tomorrow from Louisiana. I'm a looking for the best ranges in the Indy area, and particularly if any local ranges have steel to practice on. I'm not ready for any competitions yet, but I do want to have some steel to shoot at if possible.

winstonwolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2013
    On the run
    Not sure if this is the best place for this question. . .

I'm moving to the southern side of Indy tomorrow from Louisiana. I'm a looking for the best ranges in the Indy area, and particularly if any local ranges have steel to practice on. I'm not ready for any competitions yet, but I do want to have some steel to shoot at if possible.

There's a stickied thread at the top of this forum for you to look through:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ion/8594-list_of_indiana_shooting_ranges.html

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I would just go south to Camp Atterbury. I have found the staff at both of the aforementioned ranges to not be friendly. Also, the prices are ridiculous. At family indoor shooting range, it would cost $24/hr for me and my wife to shoot. Also, you have to purchase ammo from them (that's what they told me). Camp Atterbury is $6/hr and has a friendly staff. If you're in South Indy, the travel time will be 20-25 mins, but that isn't bad if you consider how long it takes to get anywhere in Indianapolis.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    BGF is by far my favorite place to shoot. Top notch facility and friendly/professional staff! They will continue to get my $, because they continue to offer the best environment for me to shoot.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Indy Trading post has 5 lanes and at $8 a half hour it's hard to beat. BGF is a really nice range but it's a little pricier than than ITP.. I would try them both and see which you like best.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    It depends on what firearm you want to shoot. I like Marion County Fish & Game, but they only allow handgun calibers and shotguns. If you want to fire a .223, that would not work for you. Also, it is not all that close to the south side. But I live in Avon and it is only 15-20 mins. It is outdoors, but where you shoot from is covered. It requires a membership and yearly fee, unlike others that let you pay per shoot. Still, it is a nice place and feels comfortable. Haven't tried BGF, but it sounds like I should, maybe in the winter when it is too cold to shoot outdoors.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    If you are NOT disabled you can apply to Atlanta C.C. outdoor range. If they find out you are disabled, disabled Vet here, they throw up one hurdle after another till you finally quit.

Being a Caucasian I have never experienced DISCRIMINATION before but man. When it happens its like a light going off. You KNOW what's happening.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Atterbury is cheap ($6/hr), and outside; unfortunately, range stoppages are a bit of a pain, and currently, if you want to rent, only have a Ruger .380 and no ammo.

I was there a week ago and they had ammo for every caliber, including .223.

edit: every caliber they have a space for.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Beech grove is nice. I used to go to pops but got tired of always having to wait in line not to mention their near non existant ventilation system causing me to sneeze black stuff most of the day....

I have yet to hear of anyone having to wait at beech grove and their ventilation system is computer controlled/ministerd if that tells you anything.

Aterbury is nice but the is to some clowns that have ruined it for everyone they watch you like a hawk, no rapid fire, rules are a bit strickter, cease fires can be annoying. Nice range though.

ultrabob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    morristown in
    Its not down south but Highsmiths in greenfield has a nice range and the people are friendly also has memberships and group rates right downtown greenfield nice new store

Top Bottom