• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dolphinfanfoor

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    New to the site ,but long time 1 gun owner. My ? Is i just bought a sig p250 this week brand new from Gander Mt. As soon as i get to 50 posts i will be listing it for sale or possible trade. If a FTF meeting is struck , how do i go about getting my gun out from under my name and into the new owner?

Sry for the newbie type ?

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    You want help when you going to most likely list it for much higher than what you bought it for? This should be good. :popcorn:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    New to the site ,but long time 1 gun owner. My ? Is i just bought a sig p250 this week brand new from Gander Mt. As soon as i get to 50 posts i will be listing it for sale or possible trade. If a FTF meeting is struck , how do i go about getting my gun out from under my name and into the new owner?

Sry for the newbie type ?

Go to a LGS (local gun shop) and pay to have them do the transfer. Both parties will need to be there. Transfer fee varies from shop to shop.

dolphinfanfoor

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    No i will be up front about it as i also can provide the reciept for proof of purchase. I relize i will lose some money on the deal as i jumped at the sale too fast and should of done some better research. Oh well you live and you learn

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Go to a LGS (local gun shop) and pay to have them do the transfer. Both parties will need to be there. Transfer fee varies from shop to shop.

Note: This is in no way required by either Indiana or Federal law.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    How do i go about getting my gun out from under my name and into the new owner?

Since it's never "under" your name in the first place, it doesn't matter. All that exists is a record of the sale to you that's kept in Gander Mtn's records. Even if you go to an FFL and have them record the sale from you to someone else, it will still exist in Gander Mtn's books.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Write up a bill of sale.

Make the sale in a responsible manner if you wish to represent the community well. If they seem like a meth addict, wait for the next person, pretty common sense stuff.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    OP wasn't asking if it was required.

No, but the fact that he responded to your comment, asking if it was required, made it obvious that he was confused about whether it was required. Sometimes people want more information than just what was in their original question.

dolphinfanfoor

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    Since it's never "under" your name in the first place, it doesn't matter. All that exists is a record of the sale to you that's kept in Gander Mtn's records. Even if you go to an FFL and have them record the sale from you to someone else, it will still exist in Gander Mtn's books.

Ok thats what threw me off. I thought when i left gander the gun was in my name ....that makes sense

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    No, but the fact that he responded to your comment, asking if it was required, made it obvious that he was confused about whether it was required. Sometimes people want more information than just what was in their original question.

I agree. Good job on your part for educating them. :yesway:

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Ok, so here's a silly question....what's stopping the Feds from just going into say Gandermountain and making copies of all the paperwork that store has on gun sales, and creating their own data base?

brichindy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Federal law? Like such a silly thing has ever stopped the "federal government" from doing what they wanted to do?

I see your point man. But look, the last gun I bought and sold changed hands 2x within the family tree and finally to someone who didn't look like a crack addict and showed a pink slip. So as far as tracking my last gun to me.... I say good luck!

And like others said, in Indiana there is no registration and technically no one knows for sure what you own.

Top Bottom