• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I think I know the answer to this question but thought I would post a question about it and see if i'm correct.

I have a Taurus PT-22 and the slide action has broken. I just checked the Taurus site and they have a lifetime warrenty . It says I need to send the entire gun back for inspection and repair.

My question is , do I need to have a person with a FFL do the shipping for me?

I'm guess I do but I really don't know for sure.

I know (or think I do) that its ok to ship long guns but I'm not sure about a pistol

Thanks in advance

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Be sure to check each carriers policies; if you want to use USPS, it'll have to go from FFL to the gunsmith/FFL. If you choose to use UPS, you'll have to use their next day service. I don't really know what FEDEX requires.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Call Taurus and speak with a customer rep. If you're sending the gun back for warranty work most companies will send you a shipping label and you just drop it off at an approved Fedex or UPS location. Not sure about Taurus but other gun manufactures I've dealt with do it this way.

The gun is shipped back to your home address but you have to have an adult sign for it. For me it's easier for them to hold it a local Fedexd center and I pick it up from there. Believe me try it this way, the price to ship a firearm overnight it outrageous!

Popacap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Westfield, IN
    If you get the return shipping address for Taurus and go to Gander Mnt. they will ship a pistol back for $20.00 and $30.00 for a long gun. It is easy, they provide the insurance and the box...real easy.

Top Bottom