• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rj3438

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    Has anyone seen issues with a film or some type of oxidation on the outside of a safe? I'm seeing a whitish haze that will wipe off by hand.

Safe is located in basement with AC & Heat and dehumidifier. Dri rod running inside with humidity holding at 50%~55%.

10-96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Not sure if same thing, but I've seen metal react that way when placed directly against concrete. If directly against concrete, need to put down barrier such as stall mat, pucks, etc...

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Not sure if same thing, but I've seen metal react that way when placed directly against concrete. If directly against concrete, need to put down barrier such as stall mat, pucks, etc...

This for sure. Place the safe on some treated lumber or plastic mat and it should solve the issue.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Re: Film on the outside

It sounds like moisture did get onto the outside of your safe and it has evaporated leaving.....for my best words..."a lime-like dusty deposit" on the safe.

Just make sure your dehumidifier is working properly -- You already have the inside of the safe covered with your dri-rod.

TK

Top Bottom