• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Looking to pickup a gun safe. Any recommendations on brand or where to purchase from? I'm in the Bloomington/Indy area.

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    Get ahold of Johnson safes in Zionsville. I have been impressed with the one I bought last year.He can build anything you want or may have something already to go that will fit your bill

Johnson Safes 1-800-969-7993

Dave_H.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    +1 for Jeff Johnson of Johnson Safes. I've got one of his BR646 safes (72"x44"x28" I think) and one of my buddies has a BR546. You won't find a better guy to deal with. He's one of the good guys.

Last edited:

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Another vote for Johnson Safes. As Jeff Johnson will tell you, get the largest safe you can afford because you will fill it up quickly!​

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Get something with a Sergeant and Greenleaf lock. They have a lifetime warranty. The lock is the most used part and will fail before the metal box. I like electronic locks. I've had mine for over four years without any problems. I have another safe with an S&G tumbler lock. It is ok, with no problems, but the e-lock is much more convenient. You can also set your own combination or several combinations. Get something with heavy metal, like 10 gauge or better. Internal hinges are better than external ones. A good fire rating is a plus in my book. Like everyone said, get one bigger than you think you need. If you have room though, two safes make it even more difficult for the unscrupulous to access all of your valuables and firearms.

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    The Br 546 runs about 2400.00 depending on what options you want, the BR 646 runs about 3400.00

Call Jeff tell him Alan sent ya sometimes he has used ones and makes good deals,He is also a good one to trade with

KingWeb50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    I have found that most gun safes only have a high rating for the front panel and the other 5 sides are much easier to break into from. If you want to get something that has the same rating for all 6 sides look into jewelry vaults they are more expensive but I dont know how much you have invested into your collection.

Top Bottom