• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    My son has been hired onto to the Muncie Police Dept. and I am considering getting him some type of gun safe for his issued and personal firearm. He already has a Sentry Safe, I think one of those 1.3 cf size. But am thinking that wouldn't be very accessible considering you would have to dial in the combination and that is very finicky. So I was thinking of one of these.
    Shop Stack-on Safes - Stack-On QAS-1310-DS Safe Strong Box Quick Access Safe w/ Electronic Lock #GSQAS-1310-DS

Any suggestions and helpful hints from LEO's and what you use would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Anelson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Indiana
    Stack on safes are not a bad deal but I would look more long term. I was recently in the market for a safe. I bought a Cannon safe, electronic lock any its bolted to the floor. If hes new to le work he'll probably end up with more firearms and other things than the safe you listed can hold. I also store my hard and soft vests in the safe, basically anything you don't want the bg's getting too.
    Anelson

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    That thing is made from plastic and flattened beer cans. A shoe box would be equally secure. Never trust security to a box that can be picked up and carried away or opened with a screwdriver. I really get a kick out of people that buy a small residential security container, call it a safe, put all their valuables in it and then wonder why they lost all their valuables when a burglar found the small metal box and carried it away to be opened later at their leisure.

This https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_gear/133910-stack-on_10_gun_safe.html
    is a really good thread to read. I have a few posts in there that are full of priceless info. I just don't feel like copying and pasting all over again. The RSC you linked would seriously serve better as a distraction, filled with bricks while the good stuff is hidden under the mattress.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    Gun safes

I have a Liberty with push button entry. Very nice, great people at their

CS if you have any questions. Don't skimp on the safe. Get a good one.

Some dealer have second/scratched models for a less price with just

outside marks.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I use my old Sentry storage lockers (read not safes) for ammo storage... if you can pick it up and haul it away it yours !!!

Buy a real safe, fire rating, internal hinged door, dead bolts that lock the door to the box (vs. levers on the locks like the cheap cabinets) and get one bigger than you think you may ever need !!!

Like garages and closets, a gun safe is never big enough !!!

Top Bottom