• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    It's only about a year maybe a year and a half. I changed the battery and that didn't do a thing. I called Stack-On and they were about as worthless as can be. I also can't remember where I put my receipt :noway:

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I bought a Pentagon gun safe last year and they tried to sell me the keypad lock, but got the dial instead. I figured I'd have fewer problems, also it was less $$.

augdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sheridan
    I have A Stack-ON dial safe. One time it would not open. I called the company and they give me a list of Locksmiths in our area that could work on the Stack-On Safes.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I've had some troubles with dial combination locks.
    One in particular. If I correctly work the combination and it doesn't unlock on the first attempt I know that it will progressively get worse and a call to a locksmith is in my near future.
    I've put off calling the locksmith before and as time went on opening the safe took more and more attempts. I was on the verge of not being able to open it at all so I don't put off getting it taken care of anymore.
    Actually I need to replace that dial mechanism. It's a Sergeant & Greenlee, or whatever the correct name is. I'm thinking they have different "grades" of locks, and the one that gives me trouble is of a lesser grade.

I have others that are even older and the dial wheels are getting loose/floppy. The bushings/bearings that the dials turn in must be worn.
    I need to look into either having those rebuilt or replaced.
    I haven't had any problems getting those open.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Hey OP, might look into lubricating the mechanism that unlocks the bolts. Also try pushing the door shut or pulling it out a little when you push in the code.

I like dials or back up keys.. No safe is perfect..

TJ

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Glad to hear you got your safe open. If you get stuck in a situation where your key pad won't unlock the safe again, you can probably gain access to the safe with the bypass lock by using an over lifting or self-impressioning attack, or perhaps just raking the lock a few times. Fortunately (or unfortunately), most locks aren't very well made.

Defcon 19: DIY Non-Destructive-Entry - YouTube

Combination locks:

Wafer locks:

Tubular locks:

Top Bottom