• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    YES THIS IS IN CAPS. CHECK YOUR ELECTRONIC SAFE LOCKS AND RESETS. I WAS JUST SHOWN HOW TO BYPASS. THIS IS A SIMPLE PROCESS AND TAKES LESS THAN 2 MIN. ALL THE THIEF NEEDS IS A WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF HOW IT IS SET UP INSIDE. EVEN A DUMB ONE CAN GO TO ANY STORE AND TAKE A QUICK LOOK AT THE MODEL OR WITH A LITTLE RESEARCH GET THE INFO ON HOW THEY ARE BUILT. YES I KNOW IF THEY WANT TO THEY WILL AND YOU WILL BE THERE AND BLA BLA BLA. SO DO YOUR HOMEWORK YOURSELF AND TAKE A LOOK.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I also have been shown by a particular video how to bypass my particular safe but I'm not going to help in the dissemination of the information.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I'm wondering what I should be checking for? If someone is that far in my house, I probably have other issues than my safe. Can you elaborate what you are talking about, and this time you can bring it down to non-all caps level as you have our attention already.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I'm wondering what I should be checking for? If someone is that far in my house, I probably have other issues than my safe. Can you elaborate what you are talking about, and this time you can bring it down to non-all caps level as you have our attention already.

Stainer, devil dog extraordinaire, I would leave it alone and not ask. No one needs to publicly know how to bypass a certain brand. Certain response may out certain people with what kind of technology they have.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Security is relative. What seems secure to one person may seem to be a "cake-walk" to someone else.
    I have a little under 2 years experience working at a safe manufacturer. Building something gives you an amazing insight in how it works internally. I could, given sufficient time and tools, break into several brands, basically bypassing the lock.
    Yes, I know there are re-lockers too. Those can be defeated as well if you know what you're doing.

A dedicated thief will be able to defeat most any security system. The real trick is to make it take long enough, or make enough noise to draw attention.

One should never rely on a safe alone. Most people lock their doors too.
    In my case, a thief would need to defeat at least two locks and deal with three dogs just to get access to my safe.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Virtually any safe can be bypassed. I've spent a good part of my life doing it. When you buy something with a locking device, be it a car, the door to your home, or a safe, you are buying time. The better the locking system, the more time you are buying. It's not just about the lock either, it's the mechanics associated with the lock. Bypassing locking systems is much like hacking computers, you find a weak point in the system and exploit it.

Like Mgderf said in the above post, the security that is in front of the safe, is just as important as the safe itself. The more time it takes to get to the safe the better off you are.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    All safes and lock boxes offer varying levels of security at varying prices. None are failsafe.

A quick google search will offer numerous examples of the shortcomings and failings of a wide variety of security devices, and how their security is circumvented. The information is not difficult to find.

I would say that before purchasing a lockbox or safe, it would be prudent to do some research and determine what the shortcomings are of the particular models you are considering. It may save you some grief down the road - just do your due diligence and you should be fine.

davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    OMG!!!. SOME YOUTUBE VIDEOS!!! SO IMPORTANT!! LOOK AT ALL OF THESE CAPITAL LETTERS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!! HERE'S NO INFORMATION WITH AN OVERLY INTENSE PRESENTATION!!!! THE HUMANITY!!! SWIFT ACTION NOW!!!

:runaway: DANGER!!!:runaway:

Last edited:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Multi layer security system, safe has been modified for additional expenditure of time, hidden video on safe area, video connected to internet and viewable by my phone.

You will be on video on the approach, on the entry and when you get sucked into spending time on a red herring. You will fail, you will be caught.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Yeah well I'd say 90% of the gun safes people have can be opened in less than a minute with a crowbar anyway, so unless you have a quality safe (like ft knox or something similar) and have it bolted to the floor... you aren't going to do anything but inconvenience a thief by eating up a minute or two more of his time.

nbunga

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Well I checked my electronic lock. There aren't any instructions for how to bypass it. I should be good to go right.

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Are we talking about the big upright multi long gun safes or the little quick access under the bed pistol safe? The logic behind how hard they are to breach is totally different between the both of them. Frankly, the small safe is too easy to just take with you and break into in the comfort of (the burglars) own home.

StrongSide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks for the heads up. I almost feel out of my chair running to my safe.

Luckily all is normal. The only people in there were these guys...

Oceans-Eleven.jpeg

Top Bottom