• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    I did not have a lot of money to spend, so I chose to go with a Winchester safe that I picked up at my local Tractor Supply store for a touch over $500 dollars.
    Is it the Best? no.
    Is it the Fanciest? no.
    Is it the Cheapest? no.
    It just seemed like a pretty decent compromise for me between price and security. It is much more Stout then a Stack-on cabinet, and I believe even better built then the Stack-on "safes" At some point as my collection grows I imagine I will upsize to a Larger and more Reputable Safe. As most will tell you, buy more than you think you need, you will ouotgrow it quickly.. LOL

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I went with Liberty Safes years back but if I was living in Indiana at the time, I would have bought a Johnson.
    Heed all the warnings about steel thickness and fire protection. - It Matters.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I was able to see the Johnson safe at the Deer and Turkey expo a few weeks ago and they are rock solid. I don't think you will go wrong in a purchase from him. I have a liberty safe and am happy with it. But as INGO will tell you, when you think you are buying one a little big for your needs, go bigger if you can. They fill up fast! Good luck in your search.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I picked mine up at Dunham's at one of their Black Friday sales a few years back. Had my budget been what yours currently is, I definitely would have went the Johnson route.

Another poster mentioned this earlier, and I will echo what he said. When you think you have found the safe that is for you, dig deeper and go bigger. It's amazing how fast a safe can fill up in just a couple of years.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I bought a Liberty Safe from Bedford Office Supply. I'm not sure if they're close to you but I was happy with them. Also, it's worked well. Luckily, *knocks on wood* I haven't had its safe abiities tested but I'm a happy customer.

Top Bottom