• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Seriously do not point your gun at someone if you do not have to. So Im at the rifle range and this guy brings his son in. Im thinking great more kids like me get to shoot. While the dad sets up the target the kid gets into his dads gun case and pulls out his dads gun. He starts to point it at me as im watching him and loading magazines. It amazes me that the dad just walked back and basically slapped his sons hand and let him shoot afterwards. I watched as they walked up to the stand and just started shooting. THE GUN WAS FREAKING LOADED IN THE CASE! So that means it was loaded when It was pointed in my direction

Last edited:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Seriously do not point your gun at someone if you do not have to. So Im at the rifle range and this guy brings his son in. Im thinking great more kids like me get to shoot. While the dad sets up the target the kid gets into his dads gun case and pulls out his dads gun. He starts to point it at me as im watching him and loading magazines. It amazes me that the dad just walked back and basically slapped his sons hand and let him shoot afterwards. I watched as they walked up to the stand and just started shooting. THE GUN WAS FREAKING LOADED IN THE CASE! So that means it was loaded when It was pointed in my direction

Time to flag down a friendly RO and direct them to a safety issue that needs addressed, or speak with the parent yourself.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    What did you say to them?
    What did you do to show that this behavior was unacceptable?

If you stood there looking dumb, you missed a chance to change something awful from happening down the road.

Shame on you.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Time to flag down a friendly RO and direct them to a safety issue that needs addressed, or speak with the parent yourself.

Do you really think the parent wants to hear from a 13 year old? And it wouldn't have mattered if he would have pulled the trigger, In hindsight I should talked to them

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Do you really think the parent wants to hear from a 13 year old? And it wouldn't have mattered if he would have pulled the trigger, In hindsight I should talked to them

Conduct yourself in a calm manner and inform them that their child just pointed a loaded weapon at you, and even at your young age, you're very aware of gun safety and just wanted them to know this had happened in case sometime down the road their child did it again with worse consequences.

Age shouldn't matter in respect to gun safety.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

You should have had your dad or chaperone talk to them or were you at the range by yourself? As a matter of fact, whomever was there with you should have been just as concerned and done something.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    You should have had your dad or chaperone talk to them or were you at the range by yourself? As a matter of fact, whomever was there with you should have been just as concerned and done something.
    I can't go to the range by myself.

Last edited:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN

Smart ones do. My daughter is only 3 years old, and I'm smart enough to understand that she can teach me things every day...like the ability to not be stressed out about all the small stuff.

As long as you carried yourself in a squared away manner, I see no reason why an adult would not want to be taught something from a 13 year old. In my opinion, you missed a golden opportunity to teach them the basic rules of gun safety which might have prevented a tragic accident some day.

Next time, I bet you'll lean towards saying something.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Right, so an adult allowed you to be placed in that situation and didn't do anything about it? :dunno:
    If yours saying child endangerment then no, I didn't speak up about until the car home anyways. Or if your talking about the other kids parent then yes he say him pointing the gun everywhere and only gave the kid a pep talk. But im at as much fault as they are for not speaking up about it sooner I guess

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If you're not comfortable saying something, at least drop to the ground and shriek in terror to draw more attention to the unsafe act.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    If yours saying child endangerment then no, I didn't speak up about until the car home anyways. Or if your talking about the other kids parent then yes he say him pointing the gun everywhere and only gave the kid a pep talk. But im at as much fault as they are for not speaking up about it sooner I guess

I think he's more trying to make the point that that adult with you didn't say anything. And if the adult with you didn't see it, they should be paying more attention all around.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Dang man. Maybe he just needed something big to sight in the rifle. ... Just kidding.
    Not really a laughing matter. Anyone ever considered getting body armor for the gun
    range. It's probably more dangerous at one of those ranges than it is on the street!!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Mosin, when it comes to this, you got to be a loud-mouthed jerk.

"Muzzle!" at the top of your lungs. Tell your dad what happened.

Hurt feelings are easier to fix than holes in you. Absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out when numbnuts are unsafe.

BTW, were you shooting at DFW? That's where I shot in February when I was down your way.:)

Top Bottom