Gun Shop Allegedly Banned From Participating...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    “They went as far to say that they lump us in with illegal drug use."

Sounds like the government lumping guns in with alcohol, tobacco and explosives... ;)

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I tried to leave them a "contact us" message but you need an order number. I get that they really don't care what I think but I'd like to let them know why I don't shop there any more.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Question I have is, did the entry form have the rules written on them, or near by that stated that the disqualifying items Staples mentioned? Or was this an after thought as to the reason Staples disqualified them to enter.

Piobair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    NWI
    The link is a little hard to find, but the rules are posted. The list in the story is a little incomplete... They also reject non-profits and churches.
    "...including but not limited to: not-for-profit; religious/faith-based; adult entertainment; gambling; liquor sales; firearms/weapons sales; businesses competing with Staples..."

Question I have is, did the entry form have the rules written on them, or near by that stated that the disqualifying items Staples mentioned? Or was this an after thought as to the reason Staples disqualified them to enter.

PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Yeah it is similar to the old argument about freedom of speech. You are free to say whatever you like (almost) but you are not free from the potential consequences of that free speech. Their store, their rules....my money, my rules. :)

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    The link is a little hard to find, but the rules are posted. The list in the story is a little incomplete... They also reject non-profits and churches.
    "...including but not limited to: not-for-profit; religious/faith-based; adult entertainment; gambling; liquor sales; firearms/weapons sales; businesses competing with Staples..."

Staples is well-known for being anti-gun. Their rejection of religious/faith-based and firearms/weapons sales companies means that our fundamental belief systems clash, and I will not support an entity that is a polar opposite to my basic beliefs, at least as best I can.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I do not prohibit people or businesses from believing what they want. But if their belief is opposed to mine, I do not have to accept what they believe or support their belief.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wrote Staples to inform them of my boycott because of this case as soon as I learned of it on The Blaze. This was their response.

Thank you for your feedback. We respect your opinion on this issue. Staples values all of our customers and supports small businesses everywhere. We will take your feedback into account as we design future contests.

Sounds like, "G'way kid, ya bother me." to me.

Top Bottom