• ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    A.) Not all gun salesmen are "men".
    B.) Not all salespeople get a commission.
    C.) Some of us actually advise that you don't make impulse buys...to go do some research on the top three or so you found and then sleep on it.
    D.) Some sales people really do want to help you end up happy with your purchase (that's what makes the relationship...and some of us work that way, because we know you'll come back for other stuff.)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    B.) Not all salespeople get a commission.
    C.) Some of us actually advise that you don't make impulse buys...to go do some research on the top three or so you found and then sleep on it.
    D.) Some sales people really do want to help you end up happy with your purchase (that's what makes the relationship...and some of us work that way, because we know you'll come back for other stuff.)

:+1:

I love it when a couple comes in, and the guy is speaking for his wife and asking to see XYZ gun "for her"... her heart really doesn't seem in it, until I hand HER a gun and start asking HER questions about what SHE wants... then she comes alive, and he gets all pissed. :):

I had a single mom come in ths afternoon looking to buy a pistol because some recent issues with vandalism at her farm had her scared. She grew up around guns, hunted and went target shooting with her dad and brothers as a kid, etc... but had very little experience with handguns, and had NO understanding of the defensive mindset, or what constituted legal justification for using lethal force. We had a good conversation about those things, I showed her some different handguns that might work for her needs, but encouraged her NOT to buy until she had done some more research, and sent her out with some information on Indiana gun laws and local training resources.

Sure, I could have played into her fears and made a quick sale of whatever gun would've gotten me the biggest profit margin, but that's not how I (and by extension, my sales team) roll. Those of you who are finding "sharks" and excessive salesperson BS at your LGS, need to find a new LGS.

My :twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :+1:

I love it when a couple comes in, and the guy is speaking for his wife and asking to see XYZ gun "for her"... her heart really doesn't seem in it, until I hand HER a gun and start asking HER questions about what SHE wants... then she comes alive, and he gets all pissed. :):

I had a single mom come in ths afternoon looking to buy a pistol because some recent issues with vandalism at her farm had her scared. She grew up around guns, hunted and went target shooting with her dad and brothers as a kid, etc... but had very little experience with handguns, and had NO understanding of the defensive mindset, or what constituted legal justification for using lethal force. We had a good conversation about those things, I showed her some different handguns that might work for her needs, but encouraged her NOT to buy until she had done some more research, and sent her out with some information on Indiana gun laws and local training resources.

Sure, I could have played into her fears and made a quick sale of whatever gun would've gotten me the biggest profit margin, but that's not how I (and by extension, my sales team) roll. Those of you who are finding "sharks" and excessive salesperson BS at your LGS, need to find a new LGS.

My :twocents:

I sent my sister out there and from her account it was you that sold her a Ruger Sr9c a week or so ago. She was pleased and will return. She is going to MCFG with us on Monday to shoot it for the first time.

+1 to you all.

SRR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Commiefornia
    When my wife wanted a handgun I took her to Bradis. I told her look at the guns find one that you like, ask lots of questions. I left her alone, she asked questions and picked a revolver. Needless to say, the staff was helpful and she is happy with her purchase.

doctrpt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Cope, IN
    A.) Not all gun salesmen are "men".

I'll admit it, I watch "American Guns", usually for the cool technical shots and super slow-motion segments of actual shooting. Those to me are cool.

Anyhow, why I mention this is that I watched an episode where a gal wanted a Pink 1911. A sales person, a male, was not reaching this gal. He was doing the right things, but there was not a connection. Well, the gal who owns the place comes over, they immediately have a connection, she and the customer talk through things, and she takes her to shoot a couple guns, a sale is made, and a pink 1911 is ordered.

It is "CRYSTAL" clear that a female salesperson made that sale happen if you watch the video. It is also obvious that many men would miss that point if you didn't look for it. While it is true that many men and women are fine with any sales person, I feel it is far more interesting that, given the choice here, this gal needed to talk to another woman. Take that as you will, but I feel it is something that all gun shop owners should consider, and if I owned a gun shop, I would want a knowledgeable, personable lady working for me for situations like the above. I'd also have a lot of colorful accessories and such available. I've seen it on both this show and "Sons of Guns". It sells, and it attracts women to our activity. That is a win for all of us.

Top Bottom