• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Buck Shot Sporting Goods in Nashville will reopen tomorrow. They're re-branding as a shop catering to women. Grand reopening is at 10:00. Thought I'd mention it for anyone interested... ;)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Some of the nice looking leather ccw purse etc will now be integrated into the revamped store. It should have move of the common feeling Nashville store vibe but with guns. ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Some of the nice looking leather ccw purse etc will now be integrated into the revamped store. It should have move of the common feeling Nashville store vibe but with guns. ;)

This. The inventory will be geared towards women. Guns women can handle and operate the best, carry options for women. Things along those lines.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    This. The inventory will be geared towards women. Guns women can handle and operate the best, carry options for women. Things along those lines.

Idea is great in theory....but.....

This shop is not geared towards locals, it's geared towards city people. Most city people complain about driving 15-20 minutes to go somewhere because they're used to having everything within a 5 mile radius. So having a shop geared toward women.....in a town that is aprox. an hour or more for it's main clientèle, where they have to take bad roads, fight tourist traffic, possibly face bad roads from winter conditions because a non existent highway department in Brown County. Oh and it a main road is closed for repaving (ha, never happens in BC but a bridge could be worked on) you think they're going to know the back roads to avoid the construction?

The shop that caters to women would be a great idea, in a more centralized location. Not in the middle of nowhere.

Are there a ton of guns for people with lower hand strength to operate out there that normal shops aren't carrying?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

This shop is not geared towards locals, it's geared towards city people. Most city people complain about driving 15-20 minutes to go somewhere because they're used to having everything within a 5 mile radius. So having a shop geared toward women.....in a town that is aprox. an hour or more for it's main clientèle, where they have to take bad roads, fight tourist traffic, possibly face bad roads from winter conditions because a non existent highway department in Brown County. Oh and it a main road is closed for repaving (ha, never happens in BC but a bridge could be worked on) you think they're going to know the back roads to avoid the construction?

The shop that caters to women would be a great idea, in a more centralized location. Not in the middle of nowhere.

Are there a ton of guns for people with lower hand strength to operate out there that normal shops aren't carrying?

I agree with you on most of that. Not my monkeys, not my circus. I work with one of the owners and they told me this was their intent. I think there are good points and bad points about it, worst being the location. We'll see how it pans out. Hopefully well and that kind of thing catches on, but if not... :dunno:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Seems to me a shop that had a sizable section that catered to women, that was run by a well gun versed woman and had really good service and good quality items and maybe even some classes specifically for females, in addition to being a really good gun store in general, could do well. I'm all for a shop specializing if they are really good at it and have great service, etc. However, it seems that cutting your potential customer base by 50% from the get go for an item such as guns may not be that great of an idea.

Just having specialty items doesn't make you special anymore since anything you want is a few clicks away on the internet. However, having services, etc that accompany the specialization and really good customer service can make the difference.

Hope they do well.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Where is the new shop?

175 S. Jefferson Street in Nashville. If you park in the public parking at the end of town, near the Subway, it's about a block down Jefferson on the right. You'll go down a side street a bit (Pittman House Lane) and it'll be on the right. It's a U shaped building and the store is in the middle.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    IIRC Brown County has more licensed (LTCH) women then any other county in the state. Also more LTCH holders per capita then any other county. Sounds like a smart move to me.

Just for reference the bridge that was closed for repair was in Morgan County and was St. Rd. 135 hence a state responsibility.

Top Bottom