• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoosierShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2008
    Shelby
    I like Bradis and I have been meaning to get out to Plainfield. I haven't been to The Gun Den in Shelby yet, but I worked with the owner for a while and he is a stand up guy.

byronbartosh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Bloomington
    Good shop in Bedford

Cosner's is a really nice shop in Bedford. For those of us in Bloomington, it's the closest around.

Anybody interested in opening a gun shop in Bloomington? I'm sure it would be a nightmare trying to get past the red tape, but something in Ellettsville (near b-town) could work, especially with an indoor or outdoor range. My wife has two business degrees, and I've passed the idea by her, but she doesn't have anything to do with guns for the most part (I'm working on it but I'm a new gun owner myself). It just seems like a gold mine for someone who has a thorough knowledge of guns.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    Crackshot guns in anderson, yea pops is closer. But.....The owner takes time with people and treats you like you human. Customer service is what its all about.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    When I was at IU there was no where to shoot. A shop / range would be great but there is probably a reason why there isn't one already in that town. I'm sure some one has thought of it before.

There used to be a range in the Union if you can believe that. :do2:

Anybody interested in opening a gun shop in Bloomington? I'm sure it would be a nightmare trying to get past the red tape, but something in Ellettsville (near b-town) could work, especially with an indoor or outdoor range. My wife has two business degrees, and I've passed the idea by her, but she doesn't have anything to do with guns for the most part (I'm working on it but I'm a new gun owner myself). It just seems like a gold mine for someone who has a thorough knowledge of guns.

datalcott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2008
    Bloomington

I live in Bloomington and am just starting to get into shooting.

Where to Bloomington people go to practice? I can't find any ranges closer than Indy or the Sycamore Valley Gun Club way out past Spencer.

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    I picked up a couple of pistols from Acme Sports down in Shelbyville a while back. Bit of a drive for me but decent prices, good service. They had a nice selection for a small shop. They're on 50, west of 65 about a half mile.

First I've heard of the shop in Carmel. I think I'll cruise over there.:)

cajunoutlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Greenfield
    I have gone to Pops afew times and rented a gun and shot on there range:do2:, I recently saw an ad for Don's in Indy can anyone tell me about this shop:biggun:. I like Pops but I feel there inventory is limited.

datalcott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2008
    Thanks! Any other suggestions?

Thanks IronHorseMan--Martinsville Conservation Club looks great, I'm definately going to check them out. I live near 37 in Bloomington so I could probably make it there in about 20 minutes--which would be awesome!

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Only been to Don's once, so my opinion is certainly limited - but I didn't have a good feeling when I walked in. Saw some 'characters' loitering outside and the feeling carried over inside. Sort of reminded me of a pawn shop. Lots of inventory but not a lot of quality. I saw only 1 Colt, 1 Springfield but a couple of older S&Ws. Some long guns here and there but I just wasn't impressed.
    The bait shop in the back was different. Maybe it's just an ol' time gun shop?

HoosierShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2008
    Shelby
    I have gone to Pops afew times and rented a gun and shot on there range:do2:, I recently saw an ad for Don's in Indy can anyone tell me about this shop:biggun:. I like Pops but I feel there inventory is limited.

Wear body armor and bring lots of money to Don's. Google Don's Guns Indiana for more info. I live very near the shop and have been in there once, never again. Very high prices and not alot of knowledge in my opinion. The absolute worst shop I have ever been to in any state. If you're a criminal though you can get your gun there. :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

HoosierShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2008
    Shelby
    I picked up a couple of pistols from Acme Sports down in Shelbyville a while back. Bit of a drive for me but decent prices, good service. They had a nice selection for a small shop. They're on 50, west of 65 about a half mile.

First I've heard of the shop in Carmel. I think I'll cruise over there.:)

I don't think you were in Shelbyville, I'm from there. Shelbyville is east of 65 roughly 14 miles from Franklin and I have never heard of Acme Sports. Maybe Edinburgh?? I know the guy that owns The Gun Den in Shelbyville and he currently has a very nice selection of guns. I am going to visit him as soon as I get my OT pay.

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    I don't think you were in Shelbyville, I'm from there. Shelbyville is east of 65 roughly 14 miles from Franklin and I have never heard of Acme Sports. Maybe Edinburgh?? I know the guy that owns The Gun Den in Shelbyville and he currently has a very nice selection of guns. I am going to visit him as soon as I get my OT pay.

Brain Cramp! Thinking Seymour and type Shelbyville! Thanks for catching that.

Where is the Gun Den?

cajunoutlaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Greenfield
    :rockwoot:Thank's for the heads up guys, being new to the area it is important to me to get as much information as I can on local gun shops, since I want to find one I like and can trust :dunno:. I know this is off the subject but I also bow hunt dose anyone know of a good bow shop in the Greenfield Indy area? :)

HoosierShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2008
    Shelby
    Brain Cramp! Thinking Seymour and type Shelbyville! Thanks for catching that.

Where is the Gun Den?

He sells out of house near Fire Station 2. He has a couple of pages of stuff at auctionarms, search seller Fireman906. If you find something you like contact him and I'm sure you can pick it up local and save the fee.

Top Bottom