• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LOWLEFT1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    Buying the wife her first pistol. Would like to know the name of some gun shops in the Indy area. Now the hard part. I would like shops that will not talk down to her, or try to sell her something she doesn't need. All help would be appreciated. thank you

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd recommend Plainfield Shooting Supply, Bradis and The Outdoorsman. PSS and Bradis are always top picks, but I usually don't recommend The Outdoorsman in Greenwood due to their prices, but they can be very helpful to new shooters. All three of those shops have good people working in them that want to help help new shooters. PSS would be my first pick of the three, then Bradis.

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    You could always try IndyGunSafety in Fishers. I took my NRA Basic Pistol course there, shortly after that course my wife and I stopped in and spent well over an hour working with the owner getting all of our questions answered and handling over a dozen handguns. My wife really liked that she was able to sit down and talk with someone that did not talk down to her and answered her questions honestly, I bought my first handgun from there that day. They are only open Sunday afternoons and by appointment otherwise. I bought my 2nd handgun from them again a few months ago by making an appointment, still was great service and greta prices.

Spyke05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Send her to me at Indy Trading Post we will get her a fair price and find a gun that suits her and her needs. We will treat her with respect and courtesy. We go over all the basics and can get her any info she needs to make an educated purchase.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Send her to me at Indy Trading Post we will get her a fair price and find a gun that suits her and her needs. We will treat her with respect and courtesy. We go over all the basics and can get her any info she needs to make an educated purchase.

I have purchased from these guys and they are wonderful to deal with!

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Several good recommendations have been offered. I would also add Beech Grove Firearms on the southeast side of Indianapolis. Very helpful staff. My wife purchased a pistol there and they were careful to talk to her during the transaction.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    +1 to Beech Grove. Went to PSS once and it was packed, but I guess for good reason. Havent made it to Bradis yet but I hear good things. KS&E had good prices but limited stock, they said they have been selling the dickens out of everything. Indy Trading Post is a good stop. Elmores is very knowledeable but a little pricey unless youre a frequent shopper.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    IMHO Indy trading post treats customers better than any other shop around town I have been in. Not that some of the others mentioned here are not fine but ITP is a cut above when it comes to placing the needs of the customer first. Prices are also competetive too AND they have a new indoor range so your wife can shoot her new purchase immediately!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Bradis, Plainfield Shooting Sports...but PSS is at the gun show today so I doubt their shop is open....they are the best around with regards to selection and price...with PSS being a little better in prices....there was literally a waiting line at their tables yesterday to fill out paperwork for purchases at the gun show.................................you can also try Indy Tactical Supply in Morresville...but go there after you figure out what you want...he doesn't have a big selection, but he can order whatever you want and I haven't seen a local shop yet come close to his prices.....I can only find cheaper than him online

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Bradis, Plainfield Shooting Sports...but PSS is at the gun show today so I doubt their shop is open....they are the best around with regards to selection and price...with PSS being a little better in prices....there was literally a waiting line at their tables yesterday to fill out paperwork for purchases at the gun show.................................you can also try Indy Tactical Supply in Morresville...but go there after you figure out what you want...he doesn't have a big selection, but he can order whatever you want and I haven't seen a local shop yet come close to his prices.....I can only find cheaper than him online

The PSS guys said yesterday that the store was closed.

Personally, I wouldn't go to PSS for a week or two. The difference between the number of guns on their table between Friday and Saturday was staggering. By the end of the day today, they won't have any inventory left... ;)

Top Bottom