• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Just wondering what gun shops you guys go to around southern Indiana? I've been to Orion arms aka Keislers also been to tripple g's and also kemps my favorite is tripple g's tho just for the sheer fact he's help ful and also sell everyone for the same price buds does and it's a cool little shop to just shoot the **** at.

wallotcorydon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corydon
    My favorite is Gun World in Corydon. I go in there a couple times a week. I know the owner very well, and everyone that works there are very knowledgable and very good people. There are several that go in just to hang out. They have a nice bow shop and indoor bow range as well. Also, if you are looking at a gun, and never shot one, if they have one used, if you buy the ammo, they will let you fire the used one!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I didn't know about "Gun World" I may have to check that out. Another little gem is "Sport 256 Garden" in Austin IN. Or it may be "256 Sport Garden". Anyway, contact info is:
    Hwy 256 E
    Austin, IN 47102
    812-794-3361
    Decent prices but don't go to buy a gun if you're in a hurry. The shop keep is knowledgeable but likes to talk. (At least he knows what he's talking about).

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    In Evansville there is a place off the Lloyd, Strictly Shooting. I like it. One of the officers that I work with, works there. Very good shot.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I didn't know about "Gun World" I may have to check that out. Another little gem is "Sport 256 Garden" in Austin IN. Or it may be "256 Sport Garden". Anyway, contact info is:
    Hwy 256 E
    Austin, IN 47102
    812-794-3361
    Decent prices but don't go to buy a gun if you're in a hurry. The shop keep is knowledgeable but likes to talk. (At least he knows what he's talking about).

:): Dale is ok, he usually has a great selection!

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    If you're in the western half of southern Indiana and you like to spend a long time in gun shops, you might want to hit up Whittaker Guns in Owensboro, KY. It's obviously not Indiana, but they have a ton of firearms and good prices.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    If you're in the western half of southern Indiana and you like to spend a long time in gun shops, you might want to hit up Whittaker Guns in Owensboro, KY. It's obviously not Indiana, but they have a ton of firearms and good prices.

+1 on that one too.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    Acme and Bite the Bullet in Seymour are both great shops with great people.

Both of these are great shops along with Ace Hardware in Scottsburg.

Yea, it's a hardware store but they have a big gun section with a full time guy behind the counter.

Acme has the best overall selection, Bite the Bullet has nice high end 1911s. Wilson, Nighthawk etc.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    I need to check out "bite the bullet" too.... the other place I really like is in Clarksville. I go to it all the time its called "Falls City Firearms". Its a newer place, so its not a huge shop, but it has some very nice condition historical weapons. Plus Rick is very nice and knows more about guns than pretty much everyone else in know combined.

Top Bottom