• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Just had a text from a friend that went. Usual stuff...said he stood at 2 different vendor tables and was completely ignored. A/C not working...says they have big fans but still hot. He left. I told him to look up AGS but he had already left.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I kinda gave up on that show since the last couple times we've gone it's been 60% flea market and 40% gun show.

I think we will be heading down to kokomo tomorrow though.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I was there today when the doors opened. As expected, I had to unload my EDC when I entered, but I was surprised that I was not allowed to take my loaded mag into the arena in my pocket. The guard insisted that I leave the mag with him at the weapons check table. I hesitated, but in the end decided that these were good folks and my mag would be safe along with the round I removed from the chamber.

The show was useful. I was able to test a couple new .22 semi-autos (negative on the undersized Ruger and positive on the S&W M&P .22) that interested me. Saw some prices on a wide range of weapons, mostly new prices for used firearms and high prices for the new ones. Still, a good selection of things to peruse. Saw some interesting prices on some Winchester JHP (not the WWB variety, but rated for LEO duty carry). Three different dealers priced it at $32, $30 and $29 for a box of fifty. Decided to keep my money for another time, though, and finally headed for the door.

I asked for my mag. The guard looked very surprised, and said, "I gave it to your friend to take to you. He said you were leaving."

I replied, "I came alone. I do not have any friends here and I am just now leaving. I need my mag."

After some discussion it became clear that a father-son pair had entered, seen the mag on the table and dad told son to pick it up. Guard told him to leave it alone, it belonged to another patron. The father replied, "I know. He's leaving and asked me to get it for him." So the guard released it to him.

The man in charge soon appeared and we recounted the events to him. He got to work immediately. He called another security guard to man the weapons check. He and the guard went walk about in the arena searching for my false friend. Another of the management team remained with me, waiting to see what happened. Both the man in charge and the man who remained with me stated more than once they would find the mag or they would reimburse me for the loss.

About five minutes later, the guard and the man in charge returned with my mag, still carrying a full load of 17 rounds. They were not able to recover the extra round I had left with the mag (I was carrying 17+1).

I have to commend the folks who ran the show. They took immediate action to recover my mag and were willing to cover the loss if necessary. Good men. Great customer service.

I suggest you leave your weapons in your transportation. I will next time. Enjoy the show.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I suggest you leave your weapons in your transportation

I would if this thing had a glove box. :D
    images

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I was there today when the doors opened. As expected, I had to unload my EDC when I entered, but I was surprised that I was not allowed to take my loaded mag into the arena in my pocket. The guard insisted that I leave the mag with him at the weapons check table. I hesitated, but in the end decided that these were good folks and my mag would be safe along with the round I removed from the chamber.

The show was useful. I was able to test a couple new .22 semi-autos (negative on the undersized Ruger and positive on the S&W M&P .22) that interested me. Saw some prices on a wide range of weapons, mostly new prices for used firearms and high prices for the new ones. Still, a good selection of things to peruse. Saw some interesting prices on some Winchester JHP (not the WWB variety, but rated for LEO duty carry). Three different dealers priced it at $32, $30 and $29 for a box of fifty. Decided to keep my money for another time, though, and finally headed for the door.

I asked for my mag. The guard looked very surprised, and said, "I gave it to your friend to take to you. He said you were leaving."

I replied, "I came alone. I do not have any friends here and I am just now leaving. I need my mag."

After some discussion it became clear that a father-son pair had entered, seen the mag on the table and dad told son to pick it up. Guard told him to leave it alone, it belonged to another patron. The father replied, "I know. He's leaving and asked me to get it for him." So the guard released it to him.

The man in charge soon appeared and we recounted the events to him. He got to work immediately. He called another security guard to man the weapons check. He and the guard went walk about in the arena searching for my false friend. Another of the management team remained with me, waiting to see what happened. Both the man in charge and the man who remained with me stated more than once they would find the mag or they would reimburse me for the loss.

About five minutes later, the guard and the man in charge returned with my mag, still carrying a full load of 17 rounds. They were not able to recover the extra round I had left with the mag (I was carrying 17+1).

I have to commend the folks who ran the show. They took immediate action to recover my mag and were willing to cover the loss if necessary. Good men. Great customer service.

I suggest you leave your weapons in your transportation. I will next time. Enjoy the show.
    Wow!!
    I did not see that ending coming, and figured I'd be seeing you soon at the store for a mag!! Glad they found it... I hope if the "friend" was trying to pull a fast one (instead of a genuine mistake) they tossed his butt out.

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    I am not familiar with Ft. Wayne. Where is this show? I would be coming in on 24 from the west.

Take U.S 24 to 69 north. go about 4-5 miles then take the exit Goshen Rd/ Coliseum. Turn left on coliseum boulevard/930. K' Merchandise is on the right, you can't miss it.

Top Bottom