Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    FYI

Got this email today;

What better way to start off the New Year than to come to a show. Was your New
    Years resolution to become better prepared? Whether it's a new gun you need or
    your running low on ammo even if it's putting aside emergency food it will all
    be here at the Lafayette 300 Gun, Knife & Outdoorsmen Show location,
    dates and times as follows:

• 2200 Elmwood Ave
      "The Market Square Shopping Center" (same shopping center as the BMV)
    • Friday January
      3rd.............................................................3pm-8pm
    • Saturday January
      4th........................................................9am-5pm
    • Sunday January
      5th...........................................................9am-3pm
    • FREE PARKING * ON SITE FOOD * ON SITE ATM * 24 HOUR SECURITY * FAMILY
      ORIENTED ENVIRONMENT
    • BUY * SELL * TRADE * BROWSE
    • REGISTER TO WIN 1 of 5- $50 GUN SLINGER GIFT CERTIFICATES
      SPENDABLE WITH ANY VENDOR AT OUR SHOWS
    • Adults $5, 2 day pass $9, all 3 days only $12 Sr's 60 and over $1 off any
      rate. Officers are free with valid ID. Children 12 and younger are FREE with an
      adult.

There of course will
    be lots of new and used guns, knives also new, used and even custom made one of
    a kind knives. Money tight? Don't worry bring in ANY gun, knife, holster,
    barrel, clip, grip, scope, ammo or even brass that you no longer want there are
    dealers that are ready to buy, some will even trade! There will even be on site
    gold, silver and fur buyers! Please NO LOADED WEAPONS and all weapons MUST be
    secured at the admission desk.

For the knife
    collectors out there not only will we have custom made, one of a kind knives but
    we have a vendor who specializes in a large selection of knives from
    manufactures such as
    Case- CRKT - Kershaw - Spyderco - Emerson
    - Buck - HK by Benchmade - Smith & Wesson
    - Boker - RAT Microtech - Mora
    - Beckeand even Broad Ripple Knives, a dealer In
    fine cutlery for the last 6 years. Something that not everyone may be aware of
    also is a recent change in law on July 1 2013 the State of Indiana legalized
    automatic knives and there will be a large selection of those to choose from
    also.

I Love My
    Glock will also be at this show with all the accessories needed for
    your Glock. Let's treat him well so he will come back!

We are going to start offering a FEW tables at our
    future shows for a new type of survivalism.. we are calling it
    everyday survivalism. Many of you are already familiar with the real time pain
    relief cream a natural products that offer no side affects. It works on the
    inflamation it fixes the cause of the pain it doesn't block the pain like so
    many other methods of relief. Not a believer? Stop and get a free sample what do
    you have to loose? Look for the real time pain relief banner. Not only are our
    gun rights under attack so is our choice in natural healing, are you aware that
    A LOT of natural herbs and supplements can longer be sold in the US? Help to
    educate and spread the word to protect our rights to nature health and
    healing.Lafayette

Happy New Year and
    we hope to see you at the show this weekend!

Gun Slinger
    Promotions

Keep in mind that Friday is optional for the vendors, so all won't be there on Friday. ;)

browning84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    is this close to the mall.. I'm not from Lafayette close to Delphi.. all I know is the mall...I know..that is bad

CAT 1000B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    I just got home from it. I go to a lot of shows, and this was the worst I've ever been to. Almost any show is worth a half hour drive to get there, but after being at this one, if I lived across the street from it, I still wouldn't have gone. If you are looking for reloading supplies, there weren't any.

ForceTA308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    I'll be in town on other business anyway, probably going to stop by. OP's original email said that vendors weren't required to be there today, hopefully there are more tomorrow.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I just got home from it. I go to a lot of shows, and this was the worst I've ever been to. Almost any show is worth a half hour drive to get there, but after being at this one, if I lived across the street from it, I still wouldn't have gone. If you are looking for reloading supplies, there weren't any.

Did you miss this in the OP;

Keep in mind that Friday is optional for the vendors, so all won't be there on Friday.

;)

While there was some usual stupid prices, there were a few deals. Guy just inside the entrance is selling new Gen 3 Glocks for $489 and Gen 4 for $529. Ammo guy sellng PMC 308 for $16/box.

CAT 1000B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    I didn't miss that in the OP. There were a few empty tables to fill tomorrow, but they are going to have to have a lot of great stuff to make that show worth while. Your opinion of the show may be different. This is just mine.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    I went today. Yeah there were very few vendors, and maybe more tomorrow. But this price thing is ridiculous. There are way too many parts and accessories priced WAY to high over what is fully available and in stock online. Something has to give, I wasted 5 bucks today. It's still the same sad story from everyone. "people are paying this, this is going for way more, you cant find my stuff anywhere" blah blah blah. Not even worth it. The flea market comment above is dead on. However, the NON gun stuff is always fun to see. The hand made goods, the copyright infringing patches(funny nonetheless), home shop leather and holsters etc.. are still great.

Edit: I love seeing georgia optics booth, you get to actually see high end sights and scopes in person.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Yep another +1 for gunslinger shows being crap. Most of the vendors are " personal collections for sale" types, and vendors STILL think that there is some great panic going on for parts and ammo. I actually laughed at a vendor in the back room with his ammo prices, it was sad. I did see a booth or two that had some primers, but other than that there was no reloading stuff to be found. There were a couple of vendors that had some good handgun prices. I keep hoping that the guy selling all the reloading stuff from the first gunslinger show in lafayette will come back, but I have not seen him in a couple shows. If you are local it is worth the 5 bucks to blow just to get out of the house, but I would not drive any real distance for this one, especially with the 1500 2 weeks away.

Top Bottom