• ...and so much more!
  • 1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    I Always go to the Alexandria show and the Tipton show. I used to do the
    muncie show but the lighting is poor. I normally go to a 1500 once a year. I used to go to the 1500 every show but just got burnt out on it.

From a collector standpoint all shows have promise but few have anything I must have. I have had good luck at Alexandria in the past and have spent much more their than the 1500.

I know EXACTLY where you are coming from. I am also REAL burned out on the 1500. If you get there 2 hours before opening, and move FAST, you can see most of the tables before the mobs hit. I also like Alexandra, Tipton, Kokomo, Lafayette, and Muncie. You can look at your pace for the gems without getting mobbed. The smaller shows also give you a chance to run into other 'gun show rats.' :):):)

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    1 old 0311, you need to turn down your snarkiness a bit. Calling Brad a vendor of "Rambo" knives and whatnot is bordering on insulting, and as you know, we don't do that here. Last warning.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    1 old 0311, you need to turn down your snarkiness a bit. Calling Brad a vendor of "Rambo" knives and whatnot is bordering on insulting, and as you know, we don't do that here. Last warning.

So mentioning his products he sells is "INSULTING?" Insulting would be explaining that the reason a uniformed LEO will be present is that a knife maker's girlfriend pulled a LOADED GUN on a guy in a room full of people a few years back............wait that is also NOT insulting. That is also a FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town

Not to mention the other folks he insulted. He appears to have trouble dealing with the fact that his point of view was clearly refuted by people who understand the situation better than he does.

1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    Not to mention the other folks he insulted. He appears to have trouble dealing with the fact that his point of view was clearly refuted by people who understand the situation better than he does.

Gee sorry if I hurt the feelings of the 'Cool Kids Lunch Table' you girls do stick together.

Oldbird13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hamilton County,IN
    Has anyone here ever gone to some shows out-of-state. It seems to me that not much changes from show-to-show at the 1500. Frankly I have been a little disappointed in some of the shows in the recent past. The law of large numbers/scale would obviously apply whether you are selling guns, knives or t-shirts. Wal-Mart vs. any Mom-and-Pop stores..as far as volume, no comparison. Smaller guys..and shows, can compete in other areas such as quality and comfort. My niece works in Louisville and recently told me about how large their gun show was. I am considering making the trip to Tulsa, OK in November to visit what many have claimed is the largest gun show in the entire U.S.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    h6A50A84B

JTB4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2013
    United States
    Hey all. I skimmed the 6 pages of gun show stuff. I am in SW MI and would like to make it down for a show or two. Anything good in the Ft. Wayne/South Bend area? Where and when are the best use of a trip? Thanks in advance!

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    1 old 0311,

I would like to point out a few things.

1. There have ALWAYS been two LEO's on overnight duty Friday and Saturday nights and one during the show. This goes back as long as I can remember.

2. Did you ever consider that your comments, name calling and overall "snarkiness" might be detrimental to the success of the show ESPECIALLY with a new promoter?

3. I used to be on CB radio years ago and we had a phrase called "Radio Rambos". These were people who were quite brave behind the relative anonymity of their microphones but couldn't or wouldn't say it to your face. I'm not saying you fall into this category but.....

Sorry you got banned but you were warned.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Back to the original topic: Tipton Gun Show. I have been to it many times over the years, It is larger than the Muncie show with the main hall & the back hall. There is not too much flea market stuff but there is some if you want it. The dealers have been pretty regular. Nothing that is really out there but a good solid showing of common firearms. No class 3 if I remember correctly. Prices vary with the dealer & the times but there are occasionally deals. I have had good success in trading as opposed to outright buying.

The lighting is much better than Muncie. I take a flashlight to every show & get to use it a lot at Muncie.

As far as Alexandria, Tipton is a better show. I get to all three regularly sometimes to window shop or other times to deal. I have made deals at all three shows. Hope this helps. Pete

Top Bottom