• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This is definitely a rumor, and it is a rumor that has been around since the lifetime LTCH was instituted. Plus, this would have been huge news had this law passed in the last legislative session--and would have had major influence in the elections. Believe me, this is not going to happen on 1/1/13.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    I wish we had lifetime permits here. I had to trade mine for a 4 year after moving here.
    I don't think Indiana would do away with it, not quietly anyway. If they publicized it there would be a huge cash influx for the state.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    At the Evansville show today a vendor was telling everyone that as of 1/1/13 there would be no more lifetime LTCH. I asked him who told him that. He said that 3 or 4 guys at the show had told him and he saw it on the internet. I said 'ya, I saw it on the internut so it's gotta be true' and walked away. What say ye?

See the post made one day before yours!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._self_defense/245248-lifetime_ltch_in_in.html

You've been on here since 2008 and you have the nerve to ask.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I might as well respond...then save the response for future cutting and pasting.

No one knows what the future holds....except for the immediate future in this case. Lifetime carry licenses were created by statutes and "shall" be issued under the circumstances created by statute. In order to change that, the General Assembly would have to pass a law to change the statute and the Governor would have to sign it, or if he vetoed it, the General Assembly would have to override his veto.

Anyone hear about this happening?

While even the paranoid may have enemies, a lot of the time, the paranoid are just, well, nuts (to use the technical term). President Obama in concert with the Trilateral Commission, the U.N., the Girl Scouts and the Masons cannot go in a dark room somewhere and- SURPRISE !: No more lifetime LTCH.

By the way, with a few exceptions, new laws in Indiana usually take effect on July 1st.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    But it's true... LTCH will be done away with. Why....... because the worlds going to end on Dec 21, 2012

MayanCalendar.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I love this rumor. There is nothing I can count on in this world anymore except for this false rumor. At least once a month someone will post the rumor thus restoring my faith in humanities gullibility. :yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Lets say Indiana will be a "May Issue" state as well instead of a "Shall Issue" and you must provide a valid "approved" reason for needing the license.
    Nah can't start to many at once...

Let's save that one, till the one on the price doubling starts to take hold and sprout. Then we can pull that one out...

Might even think of using that the LTCH is going away due to the Legislature looking into Constitutional Carry...

Top Bottom