• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    yea lots of bad deals at the Muncie gun show a couple good ones but they were hard to find

I was at Muncie too. I found a Ruger 10/22 looked like new with a lower end Burris scope for $250 (sold for $200) and a Beretta 21A Bobcat with CLC grips for $300. Thought those were a pretty good deals. Had to walk the isles methodically to find them though. Generally, found the prices to be about 20% higher than I was willing to pay.

pops66goat

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Greenfield IN.
    I was at the Richmond show the same weekend and noticed the same thing. Even over heard the guys a one of the booths complaining why he can't sell anything. Guess that is why they call em "shows" !!

pops66goat

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Greenfield IN.
    Can't the dealers do something to get guns they can sell for a good price? These shows are the only thing hurting, if people know the shows are a joke and start writing bad stuff on the internet about them they will stop going!!! You dealers need to do something to make us want to pay 5$ to go!

coolatula

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    No it wouldn't be a 539, it would be a 39 all steel, only 927 made. Probably wasn't one of these though. Pretty rare bird!! Even rough an all steel 39 would be on the far side of $1000.

A S&W Model 39-1(?) alloy frme was my very first semi-auto pistol!

I love S&W revolvers and have owned a few,but I normally don't care for S&W pistols.....except for that Model 39 I had ! Although mine had been dropped and had a very obvious scratch on the hammer and back of the slide I still loved how this pistol looked.

It may not have been the most accurate,have the best trigger(long and spongy DA),but it functioned well,felt good in the hand,wasn't a(too) large for caliber gun,recoil was very manageable,a tad better finish/workmanship than some other combat/Police pistols.

Since mine had that scratch on the hammer and rear part of the slide it's value was only $250.00 to $325.00 at the time. Who knows what that same pistol would be worth today? Hate to even guess.

I buddy of mine that collects S&W handguns has or did have a factory nickle plated 39-2. Pretty cool,but personally I prefer the blued version.
    I believe he said it was valued at $700-$800 in the condition it was in and it was in very nice condition.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I buy a lot from local gun shops/auctions/individuals..on a new gun nobody can beat buds...i was looking for a walther ppk and buds has it 494 with free shipping so i can get it for 525 with ffl fee and because they only have stores in kentucky the transaction is tax free..i called a local store and their price was 550 +tax so the price is 583....this is a difference of more than 10 bucks ...i can save $70 by going to buds....this looks like a tough business to be in.

I believe I saw Bradis offer it to you for $527+tax.....seems like you don't remember things correctly....

Add in your FFL's receiving fee and you'd be at $527.00. We can sell the pistol to you for that, but you'd also be responsible for paying Indiana sales tax

Top Bottom