• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yup...meant satire...damnyou autocorrect!...

Forgot to mention those new sigmas for $425....guy was from out of town too...brought what appeared to about 300 guns...all new in the cases and all over priced...dont think I sawhim make a single sale and I was there for probably 4hours total.

Would love to support a local shop within reason.....but then again...there is that whole "reason" thing.

God bless
    -Shred

PS: I spilled somthing on mykeyboard so the sapcebar is sticky.

Was it... sap? ;)

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    looked to be a run of the mill 39-2...Wood grips with some slight wear...Finish was 95%, one mag, didnt see a box....

I dont talk to this guy...everytime I do, He tries to sell me a star 9mm for $475.

He does however have a hi-power in .40...also with the 9mm barrel...dunno what the gun was originally though...never asked howmuch it was cause I cant afford it.

God bless
    -Shred

PS: Geeze!...ewe gies knit pik evrythin!

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    What kind of model 39 could fetch $1500?

Just looking to find out somthing I dont know....but If I had $1500 to spend on a gun....I dont think Id buy a 39-2.

God bless
    -Shred

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    I dunno, at the local show here over the weekend I saw several brand new DPMS AR15's in .223 for $645 with two 30 round mags in the case and all. I have yet to see that kind of deal at a shop locally and seem to be hard pressed to even find it online like gunbrokers.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Was at the muncie show yesterday, and noticed a few "deals" I had to chuckle at and say to my brother "OMG you have to see this".

There was a booth on the west side of the building with a smith and wesson 39-2...in fairly decent shape on sale for the low low price of....wait for it...here it comes...$1500....I looked twice to make sure it was gold plated or somthing.

Also saw a couple police trade gen 2 G17's in terrible shape for $529....doesnt a new glock cost $529?

Over-all I didnt see any killer deals at the show, but did see some peoples obvious attempt at satyr.

Lots of used guns selling for new prices.

Ammo prices were not bad...boxes of speer 9mm for $10 and I saw some Golden sabers for $17-19.

God bless
    -Shred
    Man, 529$ for a used G17? Damn. It was probably a Gen 2 as well. :n00b:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I buy a lot from local gun shops/auctions/individuals..on a new gun nobody can beat buds...i was looking for a walther ppk and buds has it 494 with free shipping so i can get it for 525 with ffl fee and because they only have stores in kentucky the transaction is tax free..i called a local store and their price was 550 +tax so the price is 583....this is a difference of more than 10 bucks ...i can save $70 by going to buds....this looks like a tough business to be in.

you also have to remember the dealers do not get to keep the tax. i can almost garrentee there is no dealer who looks forward to collecting tax.

by law i believe you are required to pay the tax on that gun at the end of the year. i know that never happens but thats how the law is set up.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    A steel frame mod 39 would be the only thing that could fetch that kind of green. Can't recall off the top of my head how many they made but it was very few. Even then it would have to be 100% nib to get that I would think.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Like I said a steel on steel no dash M39.

The CT state poleece gun might bring, what, a grand to a dedicated collector.

The all-steel model would be the 539, right? Made for a year in 1983. They regularly go for about $500-600. For $1500, it would have to be made out of solid sterling silver.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    you also have to remember the dealers do not get to keep the tax. i can almost garrentee there is no dealer who looks forward to collecting tax.

by law i believe you are required to pay the tax on that gun at the end of the year. i know that never happens but thats how the law is set up.

absolutely right and before tax... the walther PPK he speaks of is $534 in our shop. $9 more than his Buds price... :dunno: Not even close to the $70 he was quoted elsewhere. He is "saving" $46 in tax that you were correct in pointing out that goes to the state. And no we don't like having to do it either.

SAMSON

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Indy, Southside
    The all-steel model would be the 539, right? Made for a year in 1983. They regularly go for about $500-600. For $1500, it would have to be made out of solid sterling silver.

No it wouldn't be a 539, it would be a 39 all steel, only 927 made. Probably wasn't one of these though. Pretty rare bird!! Even rough an all steel 39 would be on the far side of $1000.

hbarnett1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    I get the feeling at most gun shows that some dealers come to buy from individuals so they can resell later at their shop and and if a sucker buys something at their outrageous prices that is just a bonus.

:xmad::xmad::xmad: That's called attempted robbery with an unloaded gun:twocents:

watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    just curious was it the tri state gun show? i went to that in indy a couple weeks ago and saw some outrageous prices on guns. but i did get some .45 100 pack wwb for $32 each. i thought that was good.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Don't be silly, only bullets are made from silver.:D

Like Samson said, Carmel, a steel on steel no dash 39 is a rare bird but only dedicated Smith collectors would know about it.

I am not sure why this gun was priced as it was. Testing the market?:dunno:

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    Guys, this is a subject that really bugs me, too. I've been to well over 500 gun shows in my life. In Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Florida and Missouri. Some of the dealers have their stuff marked up so high that it is a real joke. I have been told that some do it to keep from selling anything. If they sole a gun, they would have to replace it. Figure that one out! Others say it is the "tradin" price on the table. Well from my experience, when I see a table with everything over-priced, I don't even look or stop at that table at all. I figure that if he has prices that high, that it would be a waste of time to look there, as the actually selling price would still be too high to even consider.
    I have always believed in the old saying of "You can price an item to sell or to keep". I have noticed some of the dealers with the same guns on their tables for at least a year, at different shows. What a joke!
    I haven't gone to the Muncie show since about 1993. Went there about 6 times before that but never did buy or sell anything there. That show seemed to have the highest prices in the state and the lowest offers to buy something. Got tired of being insulted. I know that the dealers need to make a buck, but get real! I really got sick and tired of having a $500 gun and being offered $150 or $175 for it. Just never went back....John

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Like Samson said, Carmel, a steel on steel no dash 39 is a rare bird but only dedicated Smith collectors would know about it.

Really? Pre Bangor-Punta. I can't believe it's something I haven't come across.

I am not sure why this gun was priced as it was. Testing the market?:dunno:

I'm sure it was something like "Gen. Abrams carried it in 'Nam;" or somesuch.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    there is a guy that seems to always be there that i think has awesome prices. when you walk in the door turn left and go to the back wall. he is always in the same spot. all i have heard him called is big john. usually has garand ammo and some surplus for the same price i can get it from cmp withouth the shipping. great guy to deal with to.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have been told that some do it to keep from selling anything. If they sole a gun, they would have to replace it.

Not surprising. Because this is the gun culture and many people just like to hang out around guns. More of hobby than business for them.

I have noticed some of the dealers with the same guns on their tables for at least a year, at different shows. What a joke!

They are hobbyists. Overhead, turn over, margin means nothing to them.

They are there to be there, or to fly the flag and advertise their stores.

I know that the dealers need to make a buck, but get real! I really got sick and tired of having a $500 gun and being offered $150 or $175 for it.

The market at work. Price is information, nothing more.

Are you insulted by a clock or a calendar? No one is entitled a certain price as price is subjective and impossible to regulate.

Don't sell to dealers, that's why they call it "dealer price".:D

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Are dealers required to do a back ground check on a person at a show? I know the average Joe Citizen doesn't but I'm not sure about a licensed FFL Dealer.

Top Bottom